[SUPPORT] Photoview - CorneliousJD Repo


51 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 3/4/2021 at 12:14 AM, BirdHeezy said:

I'm getting this same issue. Not sure what's going on. 

I've sort of fixed it.... After googling the problem I decided to try ngnix proxy manager instead of swag. It is very easy to configure and it simply works, maybe give that a try 

Link to post
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had this problem I changed the domain to Unraid ip and port in order to show the images   PHOTOVIEW_PUBLIC_ENDPOINT: http://IP:8694/  

CorneliousJD, I got Photoview running, and it was quite a bit of trying different things. So initially I couldn't get Photoview to load no matter what. Looking through the logs it seemed like it was

It's case sensitive, try /photos in the container, no capital. 

Posted Images

I had this working but with the docker update, had to blow away both my MariaDB and Photoview dockers and appdata and start again. Anyone else have this?

Hoping this was a one off as I am now afraid to invest time using the tool if I have to rescan each update?

Getting lots og "face detection" errors in the WEBUI - is there a way to turn that off or clear them all easily?

Thanks!

Link to post
On 3/9/2021 at 7:06 PM, saber1 said:

Any suggestions?

Okay, answer to myself.

A simple rescan takes no effect to face recognition.

You have to go to settings and delete the photopath, save and then choose the path again and make an initial scan.

Now the faces will appear.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings friends! After trying several other photo apps Photoview looks like it is the one I am sticking with. My main goal was to try and find an app to replace synology moments and retained my folder structure and included face recognition. IMO Google Picasa was the best one that did that but is now dead. The face recognition with photoview is not bad but is there a way to combine recognized face groups. In other words is ID'ed several groups of my same child and I would like all of those combined into one named group. I see that face recognition is fairly new to the app so was hoping that it would evolve. 

Link to post
5 hours ago, bclinton said:

Greetings friends! After trying several other photo apps Photoview looks like it is the one I am sticking with. My main goal was to try and find an app to replace synology moments and retained my folder structure and included face recognition. IMO Google Picasa was the best one that did that but is now dead. The face recognition with photoview is not bad but is there a way to combine recognized face groups. In other words is ID'ed several groups of my same child and I would like all of those combined into one named group. I see that face recognition is fairly new to the app so was hoping that it would evolve. 

This is likely a question suited for their github page or more direct contact w/ the developers, this thread should be used for unraid-specific releated issues/support.

Link to post
10 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

This is likely a question suited for their github page or more direct contact w/ the developers, this thread should be used for unraid-specific releated issues/support.

Will do. Thanks!

Link to post

After the update this morning I am unable to get to the login page. My log has this entry.

 

2021/04/20 06:40:08 Did not find auth-token cookie
2021/04/20 06:40:11 [0;34;49mGET [0;34;49m0[0m 192.168.1.24:8694/api/graphql [0;36;49m3.446236865s[0m unauthenticated

 

Anyone else seeing this? 

 

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Somehow i cannot get this to work. The initial setup worked fine and to my point of view it should be correct. At least i am able to login without any errors in the logs. At the user settings i cannot define any path (only "/" is possible). There's always a error message popping up. According to the official Docker instruction i only have to put "/Photos" as a Photo path as it is defined for "Photo Shares" but this does not work -> error message. Here are two screenshots of my settings and then the error message:

 

 242516346_photoviewsettings.JPG.aa0dec286e3696c90ff6f57d803e54b8.JPG

 

454953875_photoviewerror.JPG.f22151bd2564c4827b516af3588580ba.JPG

 

My docker data is stored on a separate drive if this is a necessary information.

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Peddarson said:

Somehow i cannot get this to work. The initial setup worked fine and to my point of view it should be correct. At least i am able to login without any errors in the logs. At the user settings i cannot define any path (only "/" is possible). There's always a error message popping up. According to the official Docker instruction i only have to put "/Photos" as a Photo path as it is defined for "Photo Shares" but this does not work -> error message. Here are two screenshots of my settings and then the error message:

 

 242516346_photoviewsettings.JPG.aa0dec286e3696c90ff6f57d803e54b8.JPG

 

454953875_photoviewerror.JPG.f22151bd2564c4827b516af3588580ba.JPG

 

My docker data is stored on a separate drive if this is a necessary information.

 

 

It's case sensitive, try /photos in the container, no capital. 

Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2021 at 7:23 AM, CorneliousJD said:

 

It's case sensitive, try /photos in the container, no capital. 

I am having this issue as well. My photos share path is defined as: /mnt/user/photos backup/

 

I can get to the webui but every variation of the data path I try gets the error:

 

Something went wrong

Server error: invalid root path at (userAddRootPath)

 

I've set up the mariadb and reverse proxy and all appear to be working as expected except the inability to import my photos.

 

Here's my log from photoview:

 

2021/05/11 02:33:59 Starting Photoview...
2021/05/11 02:33:59 No .env file found
2021/05/11 02:33:59 Connecting to MYSQL database: user:password@tcp(Server IP:3306)/photoview?multiStatements=true&parseTime=true
2021/05/11 02:33:59 Migrating `media_exif.flash` from string to int
2021/05/11 02:33:59 Initializing scanner queue with 3 workers
2021/05/11 02:33:59 Queue waiting
2021/05/11 02:33:59 Periodic scan interval changed: 24h0m0s
2021/05/11 02:33:59 Scan interval runner: Waiting for signal
2021/05/11 02:33:59 Scan interval runner: New ticker detected
2021/05/11 02:33:59 Scan interval runner: Waiting for signal
2021/05/11 02:33:59 Found executable worker: darktable (this is darktable-cli 3.4.1)
2021/05/11 02:33:59 Found executable worker: ffmpeg (ffmpeg version 4.3.2-0+deb11u1 Copyright (c) 2000-2021 the FFmpeg developers)
2021/05/11 02:33:59 Found exiftool
2021/05/11 02:33:59 Initializing face detector
2021/05/11 02:34:00 Photoview API endpoint listening at http://127.0.0.1:80/api
2021/05/11 02:34:00 Photoview API public endpoint ready at /api
2021/05/11 02:34:00 Photoview UI public endpoint ready at /
2021/05/11 02:35:11 Registering notification listener
2021/05/11 02:35:11 [0;32;49mPOST [0;32;49m200[0m 192.XXX.XX.XX:8694/api/graphql [0;36;49m732.451µs[0m [0;31;49muser: scottyb2210[0m
 

 

Appreciate your help in advance!

Edited by Twinkie0101
Link to post

Hi guys,

Hope you can help me, however it is not a Photoview issue per se. I'm new to Unraids docker management system, prefers docker-compose... To get Photoview running, I need a MariaDB (or Mysql). So I need to create a MariaDB container besides Photoview. But what if another container also requires a MariaDB, should I then have two MariaDBs containers, one for Photoview and one for "another container"?

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Jorgensen said:

Hi guys,

Hope you can help me, however it is not a Photoview issue per se. I'm new to Unraids docker management system, prefers docker-compose... To get Photoview running, I need a MariaDB (or Mysql). So I need to create a MariaDB container besides Photoview. But what if another container also requires a MariaDB, should I then have two MariaDBs containers, one for Photoview and one for "another container"?

You can, or you can just create multiple databases inside of one MariaDB container. Choice is yours ;)

 

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

If I'm using SQLite, what would I enter into: PHOTOVIEW_MYSQL_URL

 

I removed PHOTOVIEW_MYSQL_URL and added PHOTOVIEW_SQLITE_PATH, but that doesn't work.

 

Edited by RichardU
Link to post
2 hours ago, RichardU said:

If I'm using SQLite, what would I enter into: PHOTOVIEW_MYSQL_URL

 

I removed PHOTOVIEW_MYSQL_URL and added PHOTOVIEW_SQLITE_PATH, but that doesn't work.

 

So I would actually strongly recommend against using SQLite.

SQLite in photo apps like this scales HORRIBLY and is bound to cause you all sorts of slowness, issues, and headaches.

 

You would probably need to specify sqlite as a db driver tho.

see here: PHOTOVIEW_DATABASE_DRIVER=mysql is the default. 

 

I would really just suggest spinning up MariaDB though, it's not difficult to do.

Link to post
1 hour ago, CorneliousJD said:

So I would actually strongly recommend against using SQLite.

Thanks. I was having difficulty setting up mariadb. Turns out it's not enough to delete a docker and its container. You also need to delete its folder in appdata. All is good now.

Link to post

Can someone write up the MariaDB process for creating the user and DB? I've tried and I think I have it set up correctly, but I'm getting an access denied. Can't tell if I need to open something up on MariaDB or if I created or assigned the user incorrectly. This is all docker on Unraid and it's all new install.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.