NFS v4 support

jollymonsa

• 2 weeks later...

So I ended up going with DerCarstens work around:

Here is a link to the docker image: https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/janeczku/nfs-ganesha

Here are my settings:
image.thumb.png.c3538fbe0e1e626907b5b025a8c29a26.png

Thankfully this will work fine for my needs, which is just a backup folder.

I tried to go with this image on my first approach: https://hub.docker.com/r/erichough/nfs-server/ which would have been a much cleaner solution (uses export file, multiple exports, etc)

But still was getting errors when forcing nfs4.

• Like 1
On 3/14/2021 at 12:17 PM, asktoomuch said:

Up!

Can we get at least an idea of whether the support for NFSv4 is being considered and/or actively worked on? Or do I need to start looking for another storage solution to provide that feature for me?

Thanks!

I do not remember where exactly I have read it, but Unraid devs had some issue with NFS4 breaking something else. I suppose, that there is no problem with making a build, that would have NFSv4 enabled in kernel, but the problem is with userspace utilities.

• 3 months later...

Adding another voice to the requests for NFS 4.  I'm currently working on deploying a FreeIPA domain and Unraid would make an ideal addition for file storage.

However, not having access to NFS 4 makes Linux based SSO options much more difficult. 

I'll be honest, the fact that it's not already implemented has me scratching my head.  This is a very mature standard and is implemented in a number of other NAS options.

• Thanks 1