disk "not installed" for a long time now. Can I replace with bigger disk?

xrqp

Notice Disk 3 was a 4TB disk and is not installed.  Here is screen of my current:

image.png.58a91356113148a7ba8882f74b4dea29.png

I think it was one or two years ago I removed that physical disk as I did not need it or want it.  I do not recall procedures.  Now, I think maybe there is a software procedure (shrink array) that  I did not do that I should have done, and that it is bad to leave it, because now I think my parity protection is being consumed for it, and If I loose another disk I really lose it.  Is that correct?

When I click "view" for disk 3, it shows zero folders and zero files, which is what I expected.

Edited by xrqp
53 minutes ago, xrqp said:

Now, I think maybe there is a software procedure (shrink array) that  I did not do that I should have done, and that it is bad to leave it, because now I think my parity protection is being consumed for it, and If I loose another disk I really lose it.  Is that correct?

Pretty much. Worse, you would lose everything in the emulated disk3 at the same time. You can replace disk3 with an 8TB normally, or a larger drive using

https://wiki.unraid.net/The_parity_swap_procedure