Webterminal interprets ^C as <ret>?

TreyH

I just executed a command I very much did not want to execute, because it turns out that for some reason ⌃C gets interpreted by the Webterminal’s shell as a ⏎, even though

NAS# stty -a
intr = ^C [...]

is this a known issue? I’ve tried it on different devices and it seems to work this way on all of them. I’ve never seen this before on any Linux distro; universally (until now) I’ve found ⌃C aborts the current command and gives you a new clean command line, it doesn’t execute it!

Can anyone shed light on what’s going on? Can this be worked around (`stty` was already set correctly as I wrote, but altering it didn’t seem to matter)? Should I submit a bug report?

(addendum: I just tried other commands that tell me what the shell is seeing when I press ⌃C, and it’s seeing a ⌃J. But ⌃J and ⏎ (aka ⌃M) also send a ⌃J. Sooo.... weird.)

(This is on 6.9.0-rc2.)

Edited by TreyH
add’l info

That is not what I am seeing:

image.png.bdb9b163f0fdc8ef7aad9528cce6cb0f.png

Now, I am in the USA and using the standard keyboard mapping for that country using a WIN10 PRO client.   You need to give us a bit more info about your client setup.

By the Way, <Crtl-J> and <Crtl-M> and <Enter> keystrokes all give the expected behavior on my setup.

Edited by Frank1940