ISSUE: UNASSIGNED DEVICE won't mount properly after being "not-safely" plugged out of USB cord

tmor2

I recently unplugged USB cable from external HDD being mounted to UNRAID server via "Unassigned Devices".

After I reattached the drive, the drive won't mount correctly.

Attached pics show how this looks along with logs.

Specific error message states:

"Tower unassigned.devices: Mount of '/dev/sdh2' failed. Error message: FUSE exfat 1.3.0 WARN: volume was not unmounted cleanly. fuse: mountpoint is not empty fuse: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option"

I note recommendation to run "fsck" command. 

https://wiki.unraid.net/Check_Disk_Filesystems  does not show how this command is used for exFAT formatted systems.

Assuming that I'm using UNRAID terminal, what is the syntax for "fsck" command.

I'd like to make sure that fsck is only run against that specific drive (and not my array drives), and I'd also appreciate to know where in directory structure within UNRAID terminal window do I need to be positioned when executing fsck cmmand.

Namely, in UNRAID terminal this drive has following directory aisgnments:

/dev/sdh

and

/mnt/disks/

Do I need to unmount the drive, then navigate to /dev/ and execute fsck against sdh?

Suggestions?

2F247413-3EAB-4D1B-9215-2142E3BCCF37.jpg

507231AF-C58C-4892-970A-FBB123A76739.jpg

Edited by tmor2
7 minutes ago, tmor2 said:

I recently unplugged USB cable from external HDD being mounted to UNRAID server via "Unassigned Devices".

After I reattached the drive, the drive won't mount correctly.

Attached pics show how this looks along with logs.

Specific error message states:

"Tower unassigned.devices: Mount of '/dev/sdh2' failed. Error message: FUSE exfat 1.3.0 WARN: volume was not unmounted cleanly. fuse: mountpoint is not empty fuse: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option"

I note recommendation to run "fsck" command. 

https://wiki.unraid.net/Check_Disk_Filesystems  does not show how this command is used for exFAT formatted systems.

Assuming that I'm using UNRAID terminal, what is the syntax for "fsck" command.

I'd like to make sure that fsck is only run against that specific drive (and not my array drives), and I'd also appreciate to know where in directory structure within UNRAID terminal window do I need to be positioned when executing fsck cmmand.

Suggestions?

2F247413-3EAB-4D1B-9215-2142E3BCCF37.jpg

507231AF-C58C-4892-970A-FBB123A76739.jpg

BA9725D1-8DE8-4841-968A-A38E0CABD678.jpg

Reboot.

• 1 year later...

I know this is a pretty old thread, but I have run into the same issue. I rebooted, and was able to mount my drive, however when I go to unmount it and mount it again later I get the same error.

Is there a better fix from this happening?

Sep 24 20:43:46 Skynet unassigned.devices: Mount of 'sda1' failed: 'fuse: mountpoint is not empty fuse: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option FUSE exfat 1.3.0 '

Sep 24 20:43:46 Skynet unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: rmdir(/mnt/disks/133009479092): Directory not empty in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 1375

Sep 24 20:43:46 Skynet unassigned.devices: Partition '133009479092' cannot be mounted.

6 hours ago, Neldonado said:

I know this is a pretty old thread, but I have run into the same issue. I rebooted, and was able to mount my drive, however when I go to unmount it and mount it again later I get the same error.

Is there a better fix from this happening?

Sep 24 20:43:46 Skynet unassigned.devices: Mount of 'sda1' failed: 'fuse: mountpoint is not empty fuse: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option FUSE exfat 1.3.0 '

Sep 24 20:43:46 Skynet unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: rmdir(/mnt/disks/133009479092): Directory not empty in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 1375

Sep 24 20:43:46 Skynet unassigned.devices: Partition '133009479092' cannot be mounted.

Post diagnostics.

7 hours ago, Neldonado said:

I think you have a misconfigured docker container writing something at /mnt/disks/133009479092 when the disk is not mounted.  Set docker containers to not auto start and reboot.  Mount and unmount the disk in question, then mount and unmount it again.  See if the error persists.

FCP is also warning about several things you need to fix:

Sep 24 10:44:05 Skynet root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: preclear.disk.plg Not Compatible with Unraid version 6.9.2
Sep 24 10:44:09 Skynet root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share appdata set to use pool skynetcache, but files / folders exist on the hddcache pool