ISSUE: UNASSIGNED DEVICE won't mount properly after being "not-safely" plugged out of USB cord

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

I recently unplugged USB cable from external HDD being mounted to UNRAID server via "Unassigned Devices".

After I reattached the drive, the drive won't mount correctly.

Attached pics show how this looks along with logs.

Specific error message states:

"Tower unassigned.devices: Mount of '/dev/sdh2' failed. Error message: FUSE exfat 1.3.0 WARN: volume was not unmounted cleanly. fuse: mountpoint is not empty fuse: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option"

I note recommendation to run "fsck" command. 

https://wiki.unraid.net/Check_Disk_Filesystems  does not show how this command is used for exFAT formatted systems.

Assuming that I'm using UNRAID terminal, what is the syntax for "fsck" command.

I'd like to make sure that fsck is only run against that specific drive (and not my array drives), and I'd also appreciate to know where in directory structure within UNRAID terminal window do I need to be positioned when executing fsck cmmand.

Namely, in UNRAID terminal this drive has following directory aisgnments:

/dev/sdh

and

/mnt/disks/

Do I need to unmount the drive, then navigate to /dev/ and execute fsck against sdh?

Suggestions?

2F247413-3EAB-4D1B-9215-2142E3BCCF37.jpg

507231AF-C58C-4892-970A-FBB123A76739.jpg

Edited by tmor2
7 minutes ago, tmor2 said:

I recently unplugged USB cable from external HDD being mounted to UNRAID server via "Unassigned Devices".

After I reattached the drive, the drive won't mount correctly.

Attached pics show how this looks along with logs.

Specific error message states:

"Tower unassigned.devices: Mount of '/dev/sdh2' failed. Error message: FUSE exfat 1.3.0 WARN: volume was not unmounted cleanly. fuse: mountpoint is not empty fuse: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option"

I note recommendation to run "fsck" command. 

https://wiki.unraid.net/Check_Disk_Filesystems  does not show how this command is used for exFAT formatted systems.

Assuming that I'm using UNRAID terminal, what is the syntax for "fsck" command.

I'd like to make sure that fsck is only run against that specific drive (and not my array drives), and I'd also appreciate to know where in directory structure within UNRAID terminal window do I need to be positioned when executing fsck cmmand.

Suggestions?

2F247413-3EAB-4D1B-9215-2142E3BCCF37.jpg

507231AF-C58C-4892-970A-FBB123A76739.jpg

BA9725D1-8DE8-4841-968A-A38E0CABD678.jpg

Reboot.