[Support] binhex - Syncthing

16 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Well those Data1 and Data2 would be 2 syncthing shares you added?

Data1

Data2

Is empty folder that i test with this syncthing docker:

linuxserver/docker-syncthing (github.com)

I tested your docker. With default setup, it store data on docker.img!

7sYJ7NMOdJ.thumb.jpg.34be2ea2bae4656fc98606442bfc146e.jpg

1) It's not my Docker

2) You can see your unraid-side path maps to /media. That means that when you add shares in Syncthing you must put them under /media. 

image.png.7ac5a397e200008dcceb5a485ff1347b.png

Agree that the default should match, but you can change it yourself in Actions->Advanced->Defaults->Folder->Default Folder->Path.

image.png.5e529eaed34f298851954a494f0f5051.png

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2022 at 2:23 PM, Kilrah said:

1) It's not my Docker

2) You can see your unraid-side path maps to /media. That means that when you add shares in Syncthing you must put them under /media. 

image.png.7ac5a397e200008dcceb5a485ff1347b.png

Agree that the default should match, but you can change it yourself in Actions->Advanced->Defaults->Folder->Default Folder->Path.

image.png.5e529eaed34f298851954a494f0f5051.png

I did the same mistake and now even ive change the Path and my Syncthing are working correctly my Syncthing container claim 70% of the Docker. Can you help how can i reclaim the docker image size?

image.thumb.png.010d28a868a802c8a7f54bf2ccb02db7.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, thank you for creating and supporting this app. I'm still learning, so please bear with me because this sounds like an utterly stupid question.

I installed the binhex syncthing UI in Unraid. When I go to the Web UI URL, it asks for credentials. I can't find anything about default credentials, canceling out doesn't work, and my Unraid user credentials don't work either. Is there a default username and password?

I'm sure there is something basic I'm missing but any help is appreciated.

syncthing_auth.PNG

7 hours ago, Zudnic said:

Is there a default username and password?

nope there isnt so im at a loss as to what the credentials could be!. in any case you can get around this by shutting down the container and then editing the following file using notepad++ (not notepad!):-

/config/syncthing/config/config.xml

then look for a section that looks like this (not real values):-

<gui enabled="true" tls="false" debugging="false">
        <address>127.0.0.1:8384</address>
        <user>foo</user>
        <password>$2a$UpBCwxUqHx4f%%FDFFSD$qU9z1bObZ.LVQBtqve</password>
        <apikey>Yv9cbqSSDFGDSFQbqazQe575Xn</apikey>
        <theme>default</theme>
    </gui>

delete the values for <user> and <password> so that it ends up looking like this:-

<user></user>
        <password></password>
        <apikey>Yv9cStziiWXz3TNRRbqSQbqazQe575Xn</apikey>
        <theme>default</theme>
    </gui>

save the file, then start the container.

I just setup syncthing, I set the /config directory to /mnt/user/syncthing not appdata, logged into webgui, added my cellphone, shared my photos, music, and DCIM with the syncthing on UnRaid, and it started syncing, can log into shell and see the directories in the /mnt/user/syncthing directory (along with all the configs and keys)...if it's in appdata it fills up the docker file

So I guess it works if you tell it to use a static directory, the data1 and data2 environment setting do nothing

root@MOBIUS:/mnt/user/syncthing# ls -lah
total 64K
drwx------  1 nobody users  248 Oct 11 14:44 ./
drwxrwxrwx+ 1 nobody users  148 Oct 11 14:39 ../
drwxr-xr-x  1 nobody users  268 Oct 11 14:41 Camera/
drwxr-xr-x  1 nobody users  114 Oct 11 14:41 Dcim/
drwxr-xr-x  1 nobody users  816 Oct 11 14:41 Music/
drwxr-xr-x  1 nobody users    0 Oct 11 14:44 Sync/
-rw-r--r--  1 nobody users  794 Oct 11 14:39 cert.pem
-rw-------  1 nobody users  13K Oct 11 14:44 config.xml
-rw-------  1 nobody users 7.8K Oct 11 14:39 config.xml.v0
-rw-------  1 nobody users   33 Oct 11 14:39 csrftokens.txt
drwxr-xr-x  1 nobody users    0 Oct 11 14:42 data1/
drwxr-xr-x  1 nobody users    0 Oct 11 14:42 data2/
-rw-r--r--  1 nobody users  806 Oct 11 14:39 https-cert.pem
-rw-------  1 nobody users  288 Oct 11 14:39 https-key.pem
drwxr-xr-x  1 nobody users  140 Oct 11 14:42 index-v0.14.0.db/
-rw-------  1 nobody users  288 Oct 11 14:39 key.pem

Edited by WarHawk8080
11 hours ago, binhex said:

nope there isnt so im at a loss as to what the credentials could be!. in any case you can get around this by shutting down the container and then editing the following file using notepad++ (not notepad!):-

/config/syncthing/config/config.xml

then look for a section that looks like this (not real values):-

<user>foo</user>
        <password>$2a$UpBCwxUqHx4f%%FDFFSD$qU9z1bObZ.LVQBtqve</password>
        <apikey>Yv9cbqSSDFGDSFQbqazQe575Xn</apikey>
        <theme>default</theme>
    </gui>

delete the values for <user> and <password> so that it ends up looking like this:-

<user></user>
        <password></password>
        <apikey>Yv9cStziiWXz3TNRRbqSQbqazQe575Xn</apikey>
        <theme>default</theme>
    </gui>

save the file, then start the container.

Thank you! That did the trick. Appreciate the quick response and idiot-proof instructions.

• Like 1

Unfortunately i cannot resolve this error:

2022-10-17 21:33:10: Failed to create folder root directory mkdir /mnt/user: permission denied 

Data1 path in docker setup is "/mnt/user/syncthing/mnt/user/" and after adding new folder the system want to create the folder "/mnt/user/syncthing/mp3". Unfortunately with permission denied error.

What needs to be done so that Syncthing will get enough permission to create folder on the "mnt/user/" path?

Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, mr_cg said:

Data1 path in docker setup is "/mnt/user/syncthing/mnt/user/"

In the template you mount something to /media, for example /mnt/user/syncthing. 

That means that for example a syncthing share stored in /media/share in the container will end up in /mnt/user/syncthing/share on unraid. So make sure to use subfolders of /media in the container, in the syncthing UI you never refer to /mnt/user/something.

On Unraid the share should be owned by "nobody".

Edited by Kilrah
  • Thanks 2
On 10/17/2022 at 11:10 PM, Kilrah said:

In the template you mount something to /media, for example /mnt/user/syncthing. 

That means that for example a syncthing share stored in /media/share in the container will end up in /mnt/user/syncthing/share on unraid. So make sure to use subfolders of /media in the container, in the syncthing UI you never refer to /mnt/user/something.

On Unraid the share should be owned by "nobody".

Many thanks for your explanation which helped me to get it finally working. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

New to this app, thanks for creating it!  I am trying to backup folders on my UnRAID server to my Qnap.  When creating the docker, I did Host Path /mnt/disk1/.  Where is that mounted inside SyncThing?  I do not see any of my shares under /mnt/ on SyncThing when trying to create a folder, and I get an error that I am not allowed to share that directory.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks in advance!  Sorry for the bonehead question.

Edited by bionicrocky
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just don't understand how I have to configure this plugin.

My situation:

There is an existing share (SMB, private) which has a subfolder I want to sync.

I created a new user "Syncthings" and gave it permission to access the main share. I used its PUID to configure the plugin. I also created a new share for the appdata. The permission on the config folder are fine can be assessed (seen as nobody:users). But when I map the actual share to /media/share1 then permission is root:root and nothing works, access denied.

Can somebody give me a hint how this is supposed to work? That would be helpful :D

12 hours ago, Sesshoumaru said:

I created a new user "Syncthings" and gave it permission to access the main share.

Docker path mounts have nothing to do with Samba, your user just has rights for accessing the samba share and syncthing isn't going to use that, and the underlying files still need correct access permissions.

What are the permissions of the folder/files?

Edited by Kilrah
5 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Docker path mounts have nothing to do with Samba, your user just has rights for accessing the samba share and syncthing isn't going to use that, and the underlying files still need correct access permissions.

What are the permissions of the folder/files?

Yes, I re-installed Syncthings as per manual, everythng default.

When checking the folder permissions I saq that there was neither write nor read permission -- which is odd, as I mouted and assigned the rights correctly.

After chmod'ing all the contents (from the Unraid shell) with a+w+r Syncthings finally could assess the share. Permission nightmware. It would be a great feature to have all the things doing on in the appdata folder and no write access to the share needed.. of cause read access is mandatory (that one bugged me the most).

Edited by Sesshoumaru

HI @binhex,

I have the docker settings for 

UMASK=000, PUID=99, PGID=100

However when synchthing syncs the files from my seedbox to unraid the folders are created with the following permissions

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 

I cannot modify the files in the folder when i access from a SMB share because of the permissions. If I SSH to my server and run a 

chmod -R 0777 foldername

I will then be able to modify the files in the folder that were synced by the docker container.

Would you be able to help?

Thanks