Moving disks to a new mobo

Hello guys,

I have been very happy about UnRaid so far, but not so much of my terrible choice of enclosure :)

Since i will very soon receive my new EKWB blocks so i can finish my new watercooled main pc, i will get my old main pc parts available.

I am therefore going to take my disks out (7 data drives, and one with parity) and move to this "new" machine.

My question is, as you might already have guessed:

What should i do, if anything, to make sure that my system continues to run smoothly in this new setup?

* Does drive port matter when i reattach drives?

* GFX Drivers? -  i will move my GFX card along to the new setup (NVidia Quadro P2000)

* Anything else i should be aware of?

Thanks in advance :)

Hello,

Unraid identifies the drives by their serial number. So unless there is a RAID card in the loop (very bad idea) this should not be an issue.

You might want to turn off the array auto-start before moving the hardware. That way you can check that everything looks fine before going forward.

Are you passing through some elements to VMs ? This could be an issue when switch HW as the identifiers might change.

Hello sir,

Thanks for your reply!

I use some linux vm's for experimenting with kafka, k8s and some netcore stuff, but not so advanced as of yet. 

If it is a problem, there is no issue for me in just deleting them, and start over :)

It sounds like it would probably be a straightforward process, i was also hoping and expecting the same.

UnRaid seems to me like a very good and well constructed piece of software.

Thanks!