[SUPPORT] - Apache NIFI

Apache NiFi supports powerful and scalable directed graphs of data routing, transformation, and system mediation logic. Some of the high-level capabilities and objectives of Apache NiFi include:

Web-based user interface

Seamless experience between design, control, feedback, and monitoring

Highly configurable

Loss tolerant vs guaranteed delivery

Low latency vs high throughput

Dynamic prioritization

Flow can be modified at runtime

Back pressure

Data Provenance

Track dataflow from beginning to end

Designed for extension

Build your own processors and more

Enables rapid development and effective testing

Secure

SSL, SSH, HTTPS, encrypted content, etc...

Multi-tenant authorization and internal authorization/policy management

http://nifi.apache.org/

Let me know if you find any issues with the install.  It's fairly straight forward. 

• 9 months later...

Hi. I have this on the log:

2021-12-21 06:47:39,742 INFO [main] o.e.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler Started o.e.j.w.WebAppContext@6fc1a8f6{nifi-error,/,file:///opt/nifi/nifi-current/work/jetty/nifi-web-error-1.15.1.war/webapp/,AVAILABLE}{./work/nar/extensions/nifi-server-nar-1.15.1.nar-unpacked/NAR-INF/bundled-dependencies/nifi-web-error-1.15.1.war}

And it's not open the UI... ☹️

• 1 year later...
On 12/21/2021 at 3:01 AM, EDalcin said:

Hi. I have this on the log:

2021-12-21 06:47:39,742 INFO [main] o.e.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler Started o.e.j.w.WebAppContext@6fc1a8f6{nifi-error,/,file:///opt/nifi/nifi-current/work/jetty/nifi-web-error-1.15.1.war/webapp/,AVAILABLE}{./work/nar/extensions/nifi-server-nar-1.15.1.nar-unpacked/NAR-INF/bundled-dependencies/nifi-web-error-1.15.1.war}

And it's not open the UI... ☹️

Hey Ed, et al.

Were you able to get this to work, or another docker?  I too am not getting a UI.

• 1 month later...

I was able to get the WebUI working after manually creating a variable named "NIFI_WEB_HTTP_PORT" and setting it the same as "Web Interface HTTP Port"*.

* I had to assign a different port for those because the default port was in use, so I first had to remove "Web Interface HTTP Port" and readd it in order to change to container's port value too.

Also the appdata config doesn't work, probably due to some changes after new versions of NIFI and I couldn't figure out how to solve that...

• 3 months later...
On 5/21/2023 at 6:22 AM, UNOPARATOR said:

I was able to get the WebUI working after manually creating a variable named "NIFI_WEB_HTTP_PORT" and setting it the same as "Web Interface HTTP Port"*.

* I had to assign a different port for those because the default port was in use, so I first had to remove "Web Interface HTTP Port" and readd it in order to change to container's port value too.

Also the appdata config doesn't work, probably due to some changes after new versions of NIFI and I couldn't figure out how to solve that...

To clarify, NIFI_WEB_HTTP_PORT needs to be the same as the container port for "Web Interface Port", which is 8080 by default. I had some issues with this until I realized that. I also made it a port initially instead of a variable because I'm an idiot, or was tired, or both. So if you create the variable NIFI_WEB_HTTP_PORT and give it the value of 8080 you should be good, regardless of whether or not you need to change the host port for "Web Interface Port" if 8080 is already being used for the host.

As for the config, it should be /opt/nifi/nifi-current but that causes issues with some files not being created. Still working on that one.

• Thanks 1