[SOLVED] ~3000 sync errors on back-to-back parity checks

Small numbers of parity sync errors were corrected starting about a month ago - now I have ran a few within the last week with several thousand errors being "corrected". If they're being corrected, shouldn't they not appear on the next scan?

Unless there is a hardware issue that is causing this.

Posted my diagnostic file if anyone wants to take a look and can figure out what might be causing this.

I'm having trouble starting VMs and wondering if the drive space for them might be corrupted?

Thanks in advance!

Parity Check history.PNG

usreymedia-diagnostics-20210224-1050.zip

2 minutes ago, MarshallU said:

I am running a 2nd gen Ryzen with 2 of 4 DIMS (dual channel) populated, so I should set my mem frequency to 2400 MHz in BIOS?

The dual in the table refers to the rank, but yes, since your dimms are dual rank max speed is 2400Mhz.

3 minutes ago, MarshallU said:

Would you suggest running any more tests other memtest if that doesn't help?

Parity check is also a pretty good test, only acceptable result is 0 errors, note that it's normal for the first check after the problem is solved to still find errors.

Hey Jorge - wanted to let you know it looks like this solution worked.

I changed the RAM speed to 2400 MHz in the BIOS (updated BIOS while I was at it)

Then ran 2 back to back parity checks. The first still found and corrected about 1000 errors, the second was completely clean.

Thanks so much for your help!

image.png.57038fff174308e072f3cd33b6e829f9.png

• Like 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] ~3000 sync errors on back-to-back parity checks