OnlyOffice Nextcloud without seperate docker containers?

CoZ

Is the whole Nextcloud and Onlyoffice integration still currently "Broken"?  I've tried to get the internal OnlyOffice to work that's built in to Nextcloud and I know most of you are running a separate docker container just for OnlyOffice to get it to work with Nextcloud.  I don't really want to go that route if it is supposed to be built into the NextCloud docker by default. 

I've tried to install the add-on a few times and it just comes back with this error:

App "documentserver_community" cannot be installed because appinfo file cannot be read.

I've tried to stop the docker, remove the built-in document server and that also fails when attempting to remove it.  If I go into the OnlyOffice settings page on Nextcloud, everything shows up as it should (domain name, file associations etc) but when I try to create a new spreadsheet or word doc I get the error message "Can't communicate with OnlyOffice contact the Sys Admin"

Rinse and repeat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/25/2021 at 5:39 AM, CoZ said:

Is the whole Nextcloud and Onlyoffice integration still currently "Broken"?  I've tried to get the internal OnlyOffice to work that's built in to Nextcloud and I know most of you are running a separate docker container just for OnlyOffice to get it to work with Nextcloud.  I don't really want to go that route if it is supposed to be built into the NextCloud docker by default. 

I've tried to install the add-on a few times and it just comes back with this error:

App "documentserver_community" cannot be installed because appinfo file cannot be read.

I've tried to stop the docker, remove the built-in document server and that also fails when attempting to remove it.  If I go into the OnlyOffice settings page on Nextcloud, everything shows up as it should (domain name, file associations etc) but when I try to create a new spreadsheet or word doc I get the error message "Can't communicate with OnlyOffice contact the Sys Admin"

Rinse and repeat.

Did you get it to work?