How to downgrade to Stable branch from Beta 6.9-rc2

Bingo

I am trying to downgrade back to the stable release "6.8.3" but when I go to 'Tool > Update OS' there is no option for me to go back to the Stable branch, I try to change the Branch 'Next' to 'Stable' but no option appears but just the previous 6.9-beta30 I was using. Please help, I regret using beta and just want to use stable :( 

1.png

21 hours ago, trurl said:

Just download the latest stable, unzip, and replace all the bz* files on flash with those in the zip.

Is there a different way to do it? I tried this but after doing so, it won't recognize my cache drive so it wants me to reformat after starting the array back up, but its already BTRFS, and I have over 300GB on it, so I had to go back to Beta where it would recognize the cache drive. Is this something to do with 6.8.3 and cache drives compared to 6.9 which is causing it to make me have to format the cache again after the downgrade? I really just want to go back to stable but would like a way to do without having to move all my cache drive data out first :(

43 minutes ago, Bingo said:

I tried this but after doing so, it won't recognize my cache drive so it wants me to reformat after starting the array back up, but its already BTRFS, and I have over 300GB on it, so I had to go back to Beta where it would recognize the cache drive.

Probably has something to do with the 1MB alignment on cache drives introduced in 6.9.0 beta 29 to fix the excessive write issue on certain SSDs. If you partitioned your cache drive that way.

I don't believe that sector alignment is compatible with 6.8.3. 

You may have to do a replace cache drive procedure where you move everything to the array, reformat the cache drive, then move contents from array back to cache drive.

If you did nothing with changing the partition alignment or did not reformat the cache drive when upgrading, this is likely not the issue.

Edited by Hoopster
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, kizer said:

Is there a particular reason you don't want to use 6.9.1?

I made a post about here. Essentially, I'm just having a lot of issues I've never had before on 6.8.3. It was like everything went from running perfectly to things just being unresponsive or breaking on me. Currently:

• I can't update any of my docker containers.
  • Can't check for any updates on docker containers. It just keeps checking without ever resolving itself.
  • Can't download anything from Community Applications.
  • Certain tabs, but particularly my Plugins tab takes over a minute at best to load up.

Someone in the other thread asked that I post my Diagnostics, but unfortunately, my username and server name are used in other applications so I don't feel comfortable sharing that information. I know that limits anyone's ability to help me and I'm not trying to be difficult, but that's just unfortunately my situation.

Here's the error I get from my logs when I check for updates for my containers:

Mar 31 20:11:37 SERVER nginx: 2021/03/31 20:11:37 [error] 12122#12122: *12517 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.XX.XX.121, server: , request: "POST /plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerUpdate.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "8a4bf81b3bby354a2d8b1addf54f2c076d99278c.unraid.net", referrer: "https://8a4bf81b3bby354a2d8b1addf54f2c076d99278c.unraid.net/Docker"

Edited by N¿¿B

I haven't formatted my SSD. My SSD and all my other drives seem to be working fine. I'm not having any issue with accessing any files on my drives, unless formatting my SSD has something to do with why I'm not able to download or update my docker applications and the issues I'm having with my Plugin tab?