Copy data from NTFS drive to Unraid array

Gristev

I'm a total noob to Unraid. Just started with a clean setup with 3x 10TB disks. Everything is fine, building an arry with 1x 10TB parity disk and 2x array disks. But I want to copy files from several NTFS disks to my array, but don't seem to find a way to copy these files. I installed the Unassigned Devices plugin, but don't see a way how to copy the files to my arrary. I have several disks NTFS disks with data which I want to copy to the array.

I would recommend midnight commander as well, mainly because it does the transfer on the Unraid server.  If you employ the share method and then say use a windows computer to transfer the files from share to share, it will transfer over the network i.e.. Server Share A - desktop - Server Share B which would slow everything down.  If you have a lot of data to move, Midnight Commander is much more efficient. If you want to get fancier, you can install Krusader in a docker container and make the transfer there, but it sounds like your just starting out so I might skip that until you are more familiar with Unraid.

• Thanks 1