[GUIDE] NiceHashOS in 5mn

dboris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/16/2021 at 7:00 PM, mdrodge said:

That all looks pretty good. I did see that despite the fact that your running acs "downstream" your board has split the gpu into 2 groups like what you'd see with acs "both".

I am forced to run "both" on one of my systems so that can work but if you can get them to become one device on it's own group that's better because some nvidia drivers get upset.

Apart from that your looking at os level issues in nicehash os and they really don't give you much in the way of tools for troubleshooting.

HiveOS is one of the OS's real miners would use.

It's quite easy (especially compared to unraid) but it has a lot more tools than the nicehash os. (It would at least allow you to bash in or just visit the web gui and see what's happening.)

Loads of videos on YouTube about it.

Another one that exists but wouldn't suit your multi-vm approach is t-rex miner as a docker container. (Witch is good if you don't want to vfio your gpu away from unraid.)

I tried nicehash os a couple of months ago and gave up and moved to HiveOS since then I've expanded and have a few rigs and needed a vm on one rig (I've done a few windows gaming vm's before) I tried nicehash os and was let down again and decided I'd virtualize HiveOS.

It's been doing really well I still mine to nicehash because it's convenient etc but nicehashOS for me didn't work out. (Similar issues)

Do you happen to know of a good guide to setup T-Rex miner?  I got this working fine.  But I would like to still be able to use my GPU for other dockers.  I looked at the main support forum for T-rex.  But, it wasn't as good as I was hoping.

2 hours ago, Warhol76 said:

T-Rex miner?  

the guide t-rex main support forum is about as good as it gets.

did you have a specific question (personally i think the docker of t-rex has a horrible ui so i won't use it but i have done) (also i didn't get very good hashrate with it)

I've rewritten this 4 times now but i'm not really sure what you want to know, I'd probably try and push you in a different direction but i'm not sure what you have and what your trying to do.

I'm happy to guide you though if you need, i am sure we can figure it out.

Edited by mdrodge
50 minutes ago, mdrodge said:

I'm happy to guide you though if you need, i am sure we can figure it out.

Thanks for your willingness to help.  Its probably not worth messing with.  I have NiceHash working in a vm just fine.  I have an 1060 6gb running in that on my unraid server.  The only reason I was asking is that I wanted to have that card available to transcode in plex if needed.  I just built a new PC; so the unraid setup is a bit new to me.  But, all seems to be going well.  I have a 3070 running in Nicehash on my main system.

1 hour ago, Warhol76 said:

Thanks for your willingness to help.  Its probably not worth messing with.  I have NiceHash working in a vm just fine.  I have an 1060 6gb running in that on my unraid server.  The only reason I was asking is that I wanted to have that card available to transcode in plex if needed.  I just built a new PC; so the unraid setup is a bit new to me.  But, all seems to be going well.  I have a 3070 running in Nicehash on my main system.

After you spent 4.5gb of vram on ETHash that would only leave you with 1.5gb for transcodeing anyway.

(And there is the whole needing to unlock the driver block thing)

I used to do plex with a p2000 but I sold it off when I realised I could get the decent transcodeing with an intel igpu.

Cpu transcodeing isn't the end of the world anyway. (But those intel igpus are very efficient)