[SOLVED] Spinning down

On 11/18/2021 at 2:36 PM, Pedro Ferreira said:

didn´t knew that was possible to disable dockers in the Settings

Sorry I missed this earlier.

Your docker.img, which contains the executables of all your containers, is in the system share on the array. This file is always open when docker is enabled in settings. Similar for libvirt.img if you use VMs.

Also, your appdata is on the array, and any docker you have running is always going to have open files there.

You want appdata, domains, system shares on some pool (cache) instead of the array so your dockers/VMs will not have performance impacted by slower parity, and so these won't keep array disks spunup.

Disable docker, set appdata and system share to cache-prefer, run mover then check if everything got moved to cache. You can see how much of each disk is used by each user share by clicking Compute... for the share, or using the Compute All button, on the User Shares page.

@trurl thank you for taking the time and help me

i now have a better understanding on how to install docker containers, what you said makes total sense

did exactly what you sugested and my problem is now solved, my hard drives now spin down and stay that way.

some considerations to help the comunity:

mover didn't moved all the files, some files where left in the array, small ones.

so i uninstaled all the dockers and used the "Appdata Cleanup - Andrew Zawadzki" app to remove them completly from my system.

I changed the "appdata" and "system" shares options to "Use cache pool (for new files/directories): Prefer"

Installed the dockers again, they went straight to the Cache drive.

only bummer was Plex, it had to rebuild all the metadata a lost my stats.

once again thak you very much.

imagem.png

Sorry to jump in on this one, but i cant for the life of me get my drive to spin down.

I have 2 cache pools, with the appdata, system and domains folders all to prefer cache. I manually spin downt he drive, and it spins back up a few seconds later.

If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated. Logs attached.

unraid-diagnostics-20211130-1525.zip

UPDATE: Found the file activity plugin, and it appears that my Frigate (security camera DVR) is constantly deleting files from the array, causing the spin ups.

Edited by eatoff
Solved