VLAN How-to

tucansam

Is there one?

Not sure if this should go in the Docker area or not, so here it is.

I have three VLANs on my network; an IOT and Guest network are totally isolated and can only reach the internet.  The third VLAN is for phones and tablets and other less-than-secure devices that I do not want seeing other hosts on the network.  However, a couple of those devices (Roku, iPhones) use Plex to reach my server, which has its own IP address as a docker on my unraid server.

I would like to set up VLANs on my server in such a way as to provide the hosts on that third VLAN access to *only* that Plex server, so it would need an IP address on at least two networks (main wired and the third VLAN).

Not sure how to go about this from the unraid side of the house as I've never used VLANs with unraid.

Thanks.

I managed to set up the VLAN.

br1 is the main interface, 192.168.0.5 for unraid and 192.168.0.222 for plex.

br1.10 is new VLAN interface, tagged with 10.  I set up 192.168.10.5 as unraid's IP address for this VLAN.

However, in the docker edit for Plex, I cannot select multiple interfaces.  How can I get Plex to answer across both networks, ie, accessible on the main network at 192.168.0.222 and VLAN 10 at 192.168.10.222?

Thanks.

Edited by tucansam
typos
  • 1 year later...