• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone have a guide for setting this up?  Ive done these steps

Installed Virtualbox

Installed Unraid web from unmenu

Went to tower:89 and pointed the webserver to \boot\custom\vbox\phpvbox\ (Thats where i extracted Phpvbox)

Set port to 100

restarted webserver

Now When I got back to tower:89, I get an internal server 500 error

The I started the virtualbox web server

Went to tower:100

login with admin/admin

nothing happens.

What am I missing here?

I have since taken the lines out of my GO file until I could regroup, but here is what it used to look like I believe

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

installpkg VirtualBox-4.1.8-unRAID.tgz

installpkg unraidweb-0.1.04-i386-bubba

VBoxManage setproperty websrvauthlibrary null

vboxwebsrv -H 10.0.0.2 1>/dev/null 2>&1 &

/boot/unmenu/uu

Im not really sure what the 1> part is...  It was something I copied from someone else.  vboxwebsrv -H 10.0.0.2 1>/dev/null 2>&1 &

It looks like someone accidentally left the last digit of their IP address in a cut and paste. Try it without the extraneous 1. 

BTW, most of your experimenting can be done by just issuing the commands at the prompt, you don't really have to put the lines in the go file and reboot to try each different thing. I actually don't have the commands in the go file, I got tired of troubleshooting timing and combinations for my installed extras, so I wrote little scriptlets in the unmenu folder that show buttons in the user scripts screen. When I reboot my server, I make sure everything is settled, then I start the things I need. I so seldom reboot, it's usually for an issue that I wouldn't want everything started automatically on reboot anyway.

Alright.  Thats a good point.  I may try it manually so I can see whats up.

At what point do I go to tower:89 to do the config?

Also, why do I get internal server error 500 when going back to that link after the initial config?\

Do I have to modify the php.config file that comes with PHPVB and can this be on my flash drive?

I just assigned my parity drive this morming.  can I stup the array and test this during the rebuld or should I wait?

Thanks

So this still is not working....

I followed these steps exactly...

Reboot Unraid to clear previously installed packages

Terminal to 10.0.0.2

login as root

cd /boot/packages

installpkg VirtualBox-4.1.8-unRAID.tgz (success)

installpkg unraidweb-0.1.04-i386-bubba.tgz (success)

vboxwebsrv -H 10.0.0.2>/dev/null 2>&1 & ( Message [1] 3737)

VBoxManage setproperty websrvauthlibrary null (no message)

Open Firefox

go to unraid:89

Set Files path to /boot/custom/vbox/phpvbox/

set port to 1000

save config

restart web server

navigate to unraid:1000

PAGE NOT FOUND ERROR

Could this be that my kernals were not properly done?  I am pounding my head against the wall here....

this seems like it could be an issue

$SERVER["socket"] == "0.0.0.0:100" {

server.document-root = "/boot/custom/vbox/phpvbox/"

accesslog.filename = "/var/log/lighttpd/user.log"

dir-listing.activate = "enable"

I am asusming that 0 0 0 0 addy should be my server?  Is manually editing this usually needed?

page cannot be displayed..

I do have a message on terminal that says lighttpd-angel.c.135 PID 3817 exited normally with exit code 0.  Does that mean anything?

Oddly, even if I reboot (which should remove all unraid packs) if I then browse to unraid:90 (port i tried once) it tries to load the page....

ive installed this at least 20 times.  Is there a way to ensure my install is clean?

page cannot be displayed..

If the file /boot/custom/vbox/phpvbox/readme.txt exists, and you can't browse to it with

http://10.0.0.2:1000/readme.txt then your unraidweb package isn't working properly, and it has nothing to do with virtualbox. There will probably be other things that need to be tweaked after you get unraidweb working, but until that works, there is no point messing with the virtualbox part of it.

I think your best bet would be to read and post in this http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=3354.0 thread for support.

After you get that portion sorted, then we can work on getting the rest working.

well now we are getting somewhere.  The only thing i did different was install Unraid web before Vbox.....

anyway now when I get to the PHP page and login with admin admin, I get this

Exception Object

(

[message:protected] => Could not connect to host (http://127.0.0.1:18083/)

[string:private] =>

[code:protected] => 64

[file:protected] => /boot/custom/vbox/phpvbox/lib/vboxconnector.php

[line:protected] => 188

[trace:private] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /boot/custom/vbox/phpvbox/lib/auth/Builtin.php

[line] => 45

[function] => connect

[class] => vboxconnector

[type] => ->

[args] => Array

(

)

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /boot/custom/vbox/phpvbox/lib/ajax.php

[line] => 119

[function] => login

[class] => phpvbAuthBuiltin

[type] => ->

[args] => Array

(

[0] => admin

[1] => admin

)

)

)

)

So i finally gave up and tried to power down the VM and it hung....  So I killed the processes and tried to reboot unraid...  it hung at ubnounting, even though ISOF didnt show any processes running....

So I finally pulled the plug and let it rebuilt parity last night...no problem

This morning, I tried to create the VM again, this time I used the default VDI disk type.  And again, when it tries for format the disk during the windows install, it appears to hang.  I can still move the mouse, but thats about it.

This is becoming quite the chore....

Any suggestions from anyone?

I tried again and this time I let it run for as long as it wanted to.  Evevntually the machine shut down  and I lost connection to the unraid shares.  What the hell is going on here....  Is there a problem with the VDI being on the unraid disks?

I've never had an issue, but I always just did a quick format, and I'm using expandable vdi files on one of my array disks. What version of virtualbox are you using? I had multiple problems with 4.0.8 that all went away when I upgraded to 4.0.10. I haven't seen the need to update to a newer version, since the problems I had with 4.0.8 didn't seem to be noted as being fixed in 4.0.10 change documentation, but never the less were fixed. I was afraid if I updated, my network problems would be back.

My tgz file is 70MB, so I can't just attach it. If you have a place I can upload it to I guess I could. It would take a while though, my connection sucks. I think it would be compatible with any 4.7 system, any other system I have no idea, I didn't analyze what the script does that builds the tgz file. For all I know, it's specific to the kernel version, which changed in the 5.0 series.