Drive errors; SMART results OK

Hi All!

I've had an Unraid server up and running for quite a while now, it's been rock solid for years running multiple VMs, Dockers, etc.  I recently started thinking of other things I would like to run on my server so I've been looking more into it that admittedly I had in the past... things were working, so I didn't look to far into it.  I'm afraid I may have some issues with drives though and would like some help confirming that and order of operations if things are failing so that I don't lose any data.

My dashboard page was showing multiple drives with errors; either "Current Pending Sector" or "UDMA CRC error count".  I ran an extended SMART test on ALL drives and they all passed.  My system also did an automatic parity check this morning which passed with 0 errors.  I still show over 7,xxx errors on disk 6 though, how can I correct those, or does the drive need to be replaced?  All of my drives are pretty old (the system has been purring along for years!), so it wouldn't surprise me if this (and other) drives are ready to be replaced.

I've attached the diagnostics.  Please let me know if there is any other data I can provide or questions I can answer.

Thank you in advance for your help!

media-diagnostics-20210301-1606.zip

5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Last extended test on disk6 was many years ago, run a new one, UDMA CRC errors are a connection issue, just acknowledge and make sure it doesn't keep increasing.

Uh oh, looks like I may have missed one when running all of them and it happens to be the important one!  I'm running it now, but can you tell me how you knew when the last test was run?  I scanned the output of the test, but don't see a date/time other than the current date/time at the top of the report.

I'll post results of the test on disk 6 when it completes.

Thanks!

Current power on hours:

9 Power_On_Hours          -O--CK   001   001   000    -    83019

SMART tests done:

SMART Extended Self-test Log Version: 1 (1 sectors)
Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error
# 1  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%     17432         -
# 2  Short offline       Completed without error       00%      7574 

Great, thanks for the info!  I looked at all of my drives and it looks like the test only ran completely on 1 of the drives.  Not sure why that happened, but I'm going to run them again on the other drives.  I tried to run tests on multiple drives at the same time previously, maybe that was the issue.

Is there a way to run these in batch or concurrently, or does it have to be done 1 drive at a time?

Thanks!

OK, so something strange is happening with the test on drive 6 (and maybe the others?). 

I completed a test again on drive 6, but the hours of the tests don't match the current hours of the drive like what @JorgeB showed above.

Now it shows these SMART test runs (in the diagnostics I uploaded there are only 2):

Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error
# 1  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%     17504         -
# 2  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%     17432         -
# 3  Short offline       Completed without error       00%      7574         -

The test says it did complete without error again.

So I guess I have 2 questions now, why don't the hours of the tests more closely match the current hours of the drive?  And my original question, what do I do about the 7,xxx errors on the drive?

Thanks again!