Unraid OS version 6.9.0 available

1 hour ago, mcrommert said:

Well like the last rc - you still can't set the alarm temp for cache (at least) drives

Please post a bug report or to existing report - this should be fixed.  Note that in the transition to 6.9.0 all the non-default SMART settings (such as controller type) along with temperature warning/critical thresholds, as well as storage volume free space thresholds must be manually set up again.

Upgrade went smooth! Great job Limetech team! Now in the process of transitioning unassigned devices to pools.

Question -- I know there was a previous issue with SSDs and excessive writes with btrfs, so I switched all my SSDs to xfs a while back. I see that any new pool defaults to btrfs. Has the excessive writes issue been fixed? Is there any benefit to running btrfs on single SSD pools or should I stick with xfs? THANKS!

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, bergePanzer581 said:

Awesome! Great work guys! does the GPU driver blacklisting mean we can blacklist a gpu from UNRAID for easy pass-through? I guess headless pass-through is an (un)official thing now?

Correct.  The now-included ast, i914, amdgpu, and radeon drivers are already blacklisted by default.  You can un-blacklist them to provide proper console video if you want.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Boomháuer said:

Awesome, just upgraded from 6.8.3 to 6.9.0 and now I have no Docker Containers or VMs...

Can you open up a thread with the logs attached before you restore your backup so it can be looked at when you get a moment? It sounds like your config might've pointed the appdata folder to another location (other than standard), and that config information was wiped. If that's the case, should be a simple fix of editing where libvert and appdata are stored. ZFS plugin maybe?

1 minute ago, BVD said:

Can you open up a thread with the logs attached before you restore your backup so it can be looked at when you get a moment? It sounds like your config might've pointed the appdata folder to another location (other than standard), and that config information was wiped. If that's the case, should be a simple fix of editing where libvert and appdata are stored. ZFS plugin maybe?

As far as I know I was using the standard appdata folder, unfortunately I already tried to revert back to 6.8.3 but I will post logs in a bug report.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, kaiguy said:

Upgrade went smooth! Great job Limetech team! Now in the process of transitioning unassigned devices to pools.

Question -- I know there was a previous issue with SSDs and excessive writes with btrfs, so I switched all my SSDs to xfs a while back. I see that any new pool defaults to btrfs. Has the excessive writes issue been fixed? Is there any benefit to running btrfs on single SSD pools or should I stick with xfs? THANKS!

There were a number of "fixes", including using 1MiB partition alignment.  But I'd say if xfs is working for you and you're not planning on adding another device to add redundancy to your pool, then stick with xfs.

• Thanks 1

Just to add some kudos for the development team - this is a MASSIVE update and a testament to the tremendous work by the development, testing and of course the community teams that have helped test this through-out the betas and the release candidates! Well done!

• Thanks 2

Upgraded both servers to 6.9.0.  No issues that I have noticed so far.  Upgrade went smoothly and everything I have tested so far is working correctly.

Now I just have to figure out how 6.9.0 may impact iGPU and SSH related lines in my 'go' file and do things the "correct" way.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Boomháuer said:

Awesome, just upgraded from 6.8.3 to 6.9.0 and now I have no Docker Containers or VMs...

EDIT: Just went back to 6.8.3 and they are still missing... super not happy now.

Hey Boomhauer, try stopping your array and remounting the cache drive then restarting array. See if docker starts up after that.

4 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Noticed this is coming up at end of boot process, not sure if unraid issue, or a plugin issue (maybe @ich777)

I hear about this the first time I think?

Where did you notice the '/bin/bash: line 33 [: ==: unary operator expected' what Plugins have you installed?

What process is stuck at 100%?