Baffling Mystery of Disappearing Files - Version: 6.9.0-rc2

Hi,

This is doing my head in! A few weeks ago I managed to unwittingly delete my entire NAS of media..... approx 35TB worth.

It appears, though I still have no conclusive proof, that I may have misconfigured the Appdata backup....

Never mind, I have a tape backup, so inconvenient it certainly is, but not a disaster...... However, since then, it just gets weirder and weirder.

I removed the Appdata app just in case..... I restore the media files onto the NAS.... all is fine...... and then...... they just start disappearing..... first the files.... then the folders.... It's not like.... bang, they've all gone..... they just dribble away slowly over a day or so!

The way I first found out was by restoring my Plex app (on a different server) once the data was back on. Plex rebuilt all it's thumbnails and data and I thought all was hunky dory..... But then, I try and play something and Plex reported that it couldn't find the media..... Sure enough, dig into the NAS and find that the media was no longer there

I've tried different ways of restoring.... e.g. putting them onto an intermediate drive before putting them on the NAS.... no different....

The NAS doesn't do anything else.... No VM's.... just a Krusader Docker and that's it.

Can anybody think of any mechanism that would strip files out like this? I've virus checked it as much as I know how to, but any lines of enquiry gratefully received please.

TIA

tower-diagnostics-20210303-1215.zip