Power outage, unraid wont connect to internnet

So im super new to this, but i had unraid setup last week. Everything was working fine, i had the 30 day trial key, i setup my drive, cache drive, parity drive. it ran for about a week, then we had a power outage, and i assume that is the reason why i cant connect now.  I don't have any data on the drives yet. I tried reloading all the data on the flash drive, the same way i did previously, then try to get to get e trail key again, but it just sits there.  

Edited by ThirstyPenguin
  • ThirstyPenguin changed the title to Power outage, unraid wont connect to internnet
12 minutes ago, ThirstyPenguin said:

yeah i have 2 other computers hooked up that are working fine. when i first setup unraid a couple weeks ago it connected right up to the internet, no isuues.

A couple of things can happen in a power outage that could result in the inability to boot properly from the flash drive. 

Both of these have happened to me (before I had a good UPS):

• The flash drive or its contents becomes corrupted in some way.  Usually plugging it into a Windows computer and letting it run checkdisk will fix this if any corruption is detected
  • The power outage caused the BIOS to reset and the flash drive is no longer selected as the first boot device. Reselect flash first boot device.

Sometime, but not often, a power outage has also been known to render a flash drive inoperable for booting purposes.   If neither of the above works, you might want to try a different flash drive.

13 hours ago, Hoopster said:

A couple of things can happen in a power outage that could result in the inability to boot properly from the flash drive. 

Both of these have happened to me (before I had a good UPS):

• The flash drive or its contents becomes corrupted in some way.  Usually plugging it into a Windows computer and letting it run checkdisk will fix this if any corruption is detected
  • The power outage caused the BIOS to reset and the flash drive is no longer selected as the first boot device. Reselect flash first boot device.

Sometime, but not often, a power outage has also been known to render a flash drive inoperable for booting purposes.   If neither of the above works, you might want to try a different flash drive.

I ran the check disk it didnt find anything. it still allows me to boot up unraid.

I saw your diagnostics. What I was asking about was whether you can access webUI from another computer on your LAN. I thought perhaps you were only able to access webUI from the server itself booted in GUI mode.

That might have explained why you were having trouble figuring out how to get the diagnostics from where they were downloaded.

When you access from another computer and download the diagnostics, the zip file is saved wherever your browser normally saves downloads. Some  people seem to have trouble with that for some reason, probably because they have things configured to automatically open zip files and they don't know where the zip file itself was downloaded. Then they proceed to attach each file from the zip instead of attaching the zip. I always just delete all that and make them try again.

But the main point of my question was to determine if other computers on your LAN are able to access your server.

9 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

It appears that the IP address for your server is  10.0.0.15   and I would suggest that you try to access your server from your WIN10 computer using your web browser by putting the following address into that browser as the URL:

http://10.0.0.15

or

https://10.0.0.15

so i tried this and no luck, just says connection timed out, i also tried "ping 10.0.0.15" in the cmd on my windows 10, destination unrechable

Edited by ThirstyPenguin

I tried reformatting the flash drive and reinstalling the the zipfiles, making it bootable. But im getting the same results. when i try to ping it from my win10 i get destination host unreachable. I have no idea, it worked fine like 2 weeks ago. i didn't do anything to it, I set up the drives. but after that i didn't even add any data to the drives.

Edited by ThirstyPenguin

Make sure that the cat5 cable is securely plugged in on both ends.

Try a new cable between the server and the switch.

Swap cable to a new port on the switch.

Reboot the switch (Cut power and wait thirty seconds is usually required to do this.)

Double check the lights (and their pattern) on both ports at the ends of the cable.   You may have to check the user manuals to determine what is normal.  (May require download from Manufacturer!) 

Power EVERYTHING down on the network. (DON'T pull plugs on any computer/server.  You should be able safely power them down if required by pushing the power switch on the case for about one second.)   Wait one minute.  Power back up starting with the router.  Wait two minutes.  Now power up the switch.  Wait one minute.  Power up the  server.  Wait five minutes.  Now power on the PC's.  You can do the PC's at intervals as you need them.  (I would start with the one you need to test with first...)  IF you don't have a connection to the server.  Double checked its IP address.  You can do this from the console (keyboard and monitor) by typing the following command (after logging in):

ifconfig

Look at the IP addresses.  You are looking for one that begins with either  192.xxx.xxx.xxx  or 10.xxx.xxx.xxx   If you only find ones that begin with 172.xxx.xxx.xxx or 127.xxx.xxx.xxx, that is a problem with the physical network. 

24 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Make sure that the cat5 cable is securely plugged in on both ends.

Try a new cable between the server and the switch.

Swap cable to a new port on the switch.

Reboot the switch (Cut power and wait thirty seconds is usually required to do this.)

Double check the lights (and their pattern) on both ports at the ends of the cable.   You may have to check the user manuals to determine what is normal.  (May require download from Manufacturer!) 

Power EVERYTHING down on the network. (DON'T pull plugs on any computer/server.  You should be able safely power them down if required by pushing the power switch on the case for about one second.)   Wait one minute.  Power back up starting with the router.  Wait two minutes.  Now power up the switch.  Wait one minute.  Power up the  server.  Wait five minutes.  Now power on the PC's.  You can do the PC's at intervals as you need them.  (I would start with the one you need to test with first...)  IF you don't have a connection to the server.  Double checked its IP address.  You can do this from the console (keyboard and monitor) by typing the following command (after logging in):

ifconfig

Look at the IP addresses.  You are looking for one that begins with either  192.xxx.xxx.xxx  or 10.xxx.xxx.xxx   If you only find ones that begin with 172.xxx.xxx.xxx or 127.xxx.xxx.xxx, that is a problem with the physical network. 

ok, ill try this. but i did notice that the time in the bios is correct but the time in unraid is off -5 hours. so its 8:50 in the bios and 3:50 in unraid. don't know if that has anything to do with anything.

Edited by ThirstyPenguin