Override Global Disk Temperature Settings

I'm missing something here.  I am trying to set up different disk temperature warning thresholds for my SSD cache drives.  I have set default  settings for the other disks in the "Disk Settings" under the Settings tab but every time I try to set a new value for the SSD drives in the Cache Settings on the Main tab, the default settings override what I type.  How do I set a different value for the SSD cache drives?

Note: the same thing happens when I try to set a different value for the disk temperature warning threshold for the unassigned devices

Edited by Paul S.
Removed "[Resolved]" from title as recommended by jonathanm

OK, I found a solution to the problem.  First set the default disk temperature warning values to what you want it to be for SSD drives (I use 70C and 90C).  Next go to each individual non-SSD drive from the main menu and override the default temperature setting to a value suitable for a HDD drive (I use 48C and 55C).  In this manner, the SSD drives have the default value for disk temperature warnings while the HDD drives have a different, custom value.

Maybe you are not allowed to override the default value with a higher value

Should this issue be marked resolved?  I can't find how to do that

• Paul S. changed the title to [Resolved] Override Global Disk Temperature Settings

I would not call that a resolution, more a workaround.  The values are retained in the smart-one.cfg file, and in the top 3 browsers; chrome, firefox, and edge.  Seems like the new file isn't being read.  Any idea how to get this issue into limetech bug queue?  I've found half a dozen different threads across several forums all reporting the same thing.

On 3/12/2021 at 4:49 PM, loond said:

I would not call that a resolution, more a workaround.  The values are retained in the smart-one.cfg file, and in the top 3 browsers; chrome, firefox, and edge.  Seems like the new file isn't being read.  Any idea how to get this issue into limetech bug queue?  I've found half a dozen different threads across several forums all reporting the same thing.

Any luck with this? It'd be nice if there was a bug thread somewhere we could follow to know when this is resolved.

• Paul S. changed the title to Override Global Disk Temperature Settings
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/4/2021 at 1:03 AM, Paul S. said:

I'm missing something here.  I am trying to set up different disk temperature warning thresholds for my SSD cache drives.  I have set default  settings for the other disks in the "Disk Settings" under the Settings tab but every time I try to set a new value for the SSD drives in the Cache Settings on the Main tab, the default settings override what I type.  How do I set a different value for the SSD cache drives?

Note: the same thing happens when I try to set a different value for the disk temperature warning threshold for the unassigned devices

same here.

Version: 6.9.2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/8/2021 at 8:51 PM, Paul S. said:

OK, I found a solution to the problem.  First set the default disk temperature warning values to what you want it to be for SSD drives (I use 70C and 90C).  Next go to each individual non-SSD drive from the main menu and override the default temperature setting to a value suitable for a HDD drive (I use 48C and 55C).  In this manner, the SSD drives have the default value for disk temperature warnings while the HDD drives have a different, custom value.

Maybe you are not allowed to override the default value with a higher value

Should this issue be marked resolved?  I can't find how to do that

I have tried this and it does not work for me. It keeps resetting back to 45/55 C on the default setting page as well. 

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...