RESOLVED - Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia 6.8.3 to 6.9 upgrade?

Hello,

I am a user of the Linuxserver.io Unraid Nvidia Plugin which now appears to have been deprecated and has a locked thread.

I am currently on Unraid 6.8.3

From what I remember it was not safe to just apply an upgrade of Unraid while having this Plugin installed. You needed to make sure you updated the OS via the plugin with another Nvidia Unraid OS build, or use the plugin to revert to a non-nvidia os build of Unraid, prior to using the embeded "Update OS" option in the Unraid GUI.

I would like to upgrade to the Nvidia Unraid build to 6.9, however my linuxserver.io Nvidia plugin seems to be broken. Can anyone share with me the proper way to go about upgrading to the Nvidia 6.9 build of Unraid OS.

image.png.91f4182a12e3d4901ed5f9f3841c6f5d.png

Edited by guyonphone
Issue Resolved
23 minutes ago, guyonphone said:

I would like to upgrade to the Nvidia Unraid build to 6.9, however my linuxserver.io Nvidia plugin seems to be broken. Can anyone share with me the proper way to go about upgrading to the Nvidia 6.9 build of Unraid OS.

It's not that it was not safe to upgrade unRAID the normal way outside of the plugin, it was just a matter of losing Nvidia drivers and rendering the plugin worthless if you did that.

You should be able to just delete that plugin and update unRAID through Tools --> Update OS.

If you still want/need Nvidia drivers you can now use this plugin but it does not require the installation of a special unRAID build.

• Thanks 1
  • guyonphone changed the title to RESOLVED - Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia 6.8.3 to 6.9 upgrade?