User shares unprotected

There do seem to be some anomalous share settings:

Share anonymised as T-----s has files on cache but Use Cache=No which means they never get moved off

Share anonymised as S-----s has files on cache but Use Cache=No which means they never get moved off

Share anonymised as M-----a has files on cache but Use Cache=No which means they never get moved off

You might want to look at the help built into the GUI to see how the Use Cache setting affects whether files get moved between array and cache.

13 hours ago, Jobine said:

"Compute all" button is for what?

12 hours ago, Energen said:

Compute all simply calculates the total size of the data on each share.

and also shows how much of each disk each share is using. Compute... for a specific share does the same but just for that share.

Also note that appdata, domains, and system shares are normally kept on cache permanently for better performance of dockers/VMs and so array disks can spin down since these shares will always have open files.

But, your system share also has files on the array, perhaps because you enabled Docker before installing cache.

On Main, click on the folder icon for Disk1 at the far right under the VIEW column, then on that page, click on system in the NAME column and post a screenshot of that page.

13 minutes ago, itimpi said:

If you are sure the directories are empty then you can simply delete them off the cache drive.   Their presence is likely to make the shares be marked as unprotected.

there is also a share anonymised as S——e that is on the cache - is this where you want it to be?

The 3 anonymized shares are cached and empty.

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

Also note that appdata, domains, and system shares are normally kept on cache permanently for better performance of dockers/VMs and so array disks can spin down since these shares will always have open files.

But, your system share also has files on the array, perhaps because you enabled Docker before installing cache.

On Main, click on the folder icon for Disk1 at the far right under the VIEW column, then on that page, click on system in the NAME column and post a screenshot of that page.

All my appdata are on the cache.

I don't understand...

Here's the screenshot.

Thank,

System.jpg

2 hours ago, Jobine said:

All my appdata are on the cache.

yes I know. What I said was

2 hours ago, trurl said:

your system share also has files on the array

Here's the screenshot.

OK, we need to go down another level into that docker folder in your screenshot.

2 hours ago, trurl said:

On Main, click on the folder icon for Disk1 at the far right under the VIEW column, then on that page, click on system in the NAME column

then, click on docker in the NAME column and post a screenshot.

If you know how to get to the command line let me know and we can get the answers I'm looking for with just a few commands.

Appdata

Files in /mnt/cache/appdata and /mnt/user/appData seem similar

For my dockers, I replaced the path /mnt/user/appdata for /mnt/cache/appdata

OK, just deleted, nothing important there.

System

How I can move docker.img from there ?

Thank,

Files in /mnt/cache/appdata and /mnt/user/appData seem similar

They are not just similar, they are exactly the same files. The user shares are just the aggregated top level folders on cache and array. Different views of the same files.

System

How I can move docker.img from there ?

Do you mean your docker.img is on disk1?

Can I stop the Docker. (Setting, docker, Enable docker OFF, Apply)

Modify the

- Docker vDisk location: /mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img  -->  /mnt/cache/system/docker/docker.img (don't exist on cache drive)

- Default appdata storage location: /mnt/user/appdata/  -->  /mnt/cache/appdata/ (exist on cache drive)

Thank,