(Solved) Unraid hanging when starting array

14 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Try booting in safe mode.

Was able to boot into safe mode. I am experiencing extremely slow disk speeds still, around 12MB/s on every disk in the array. Usually I should be getting atleast 100-120MB/s on each disk.

I have made several changes to my server in the last week that im sure has something to do with this.

First, my entire server became unresponsive, after a reboot I was unable to get the system to Post, was getting no video from the onboard video and the case/cpu fans would power on with lights for 15-20sec and then power off for just a sec and then flick back on looping like this. I opened up the server and disconnected everything from the motherboard/cpu, and it still would not Post. Next i removed all the ram 8gbx4, and then added 1 8gb stick back and was able to then get it to Post and get into the bios. I then added each stick 1 at a time and successfully booting to bios until all 4 were installed again with no issues booting now. With all 4 ram installed was able to boot to unraid.

While I had everything disconnected i took the time to clean everything/fans, I swapped my cpu fan for a water cooler system, i also upgraded my PSU, and also added 2 more 8tb drives for my array. I also replaced all my sata cables for all my cache drivers, new power cables as well.

Since then I have had very poor disk speeds, sometimes fixxed by rebooting the server, hanging when starting/stopping the array, and unclean shutdowns when using the reboot button. I ran a benchmark of my controller with diskspeed with just the 1 docker running in safe mode.

controller-benchmark.thumb.png.fbc80cc9868b5b4568469d565bf4a8d8.png

It looks like all the disks are being throttled, except disk 2 which is doing its own thing.....

I benchmarked my ssds which are on another controller

controller-benchmark(1).thumb.png.165720b069c5e52cb16a005571aad767.png

Which seems fine, although i plan to replace all of them once I get these other disks straightened out.

unraid-diagnostics-20210304-1828.zip is my latest too.

Ty in advance!

~Acps

• 2 weeks later...

Nice I had sorta the same results when I switched out my card too. I more or less did exactly what you did just earlier. 

I had some bizarre speeds and then all of the sudden drives would drop and indicate bad. 

If your satisfied can you please mark the thread as solved please. Basically just change the topic title. ;) 

• Acps changed the title to (Solved) Unraid hanging when starting array