<SOLVED> Download drive not accesible / unassigned

Hi all,

I am running Docker containers for Sonarr, Radarr and Deluge. Before I had a 1tb hdd dedicated for downloading that was part of my array. The downside was that the downloads were also written to my parity drive while downloading wich caused performance issues. Furthermore when a download was finished it needed to move to the array. Wich caused more writing and performance issues. 

Last weekend I changed that. I removed the hdd from the array and used it with the Unassigned devices plugin. However this is causing a new issue for me. I cannot acces that drive since there is no share on it. I would like to acces that drive for maintenance reasons. One of those reasons being that completed downloads are not removed from Deluge (even though I have that configured in Sonarr and Radarr). 

How can I acces my unassigned hdd from a Windows machine?

Edited by workermaster
18 hours ago, ghost82 said:

You can access by mounting the unassigned device in unraid and share it with smb, it will be a network drive accessible from your windows.

However are you saying that you're not able to share it?

I did not know that was what I needed to do. I did find another thread on this forum that talks about the same issue I have but I did not understand what they were suggesting as a fix. 

I have managed to find out that I can click the gear icons next to my hdd and set it to auto mount and share. But that share is not visible in the Shares tab where my other shares are. When I click on the button to create a new remote smb share, it wants me to enter a server ip. What ip? Do I need to setup something on my Windows VM before a smb share can be created?

10 minutes ago, workermaster said:

When I click on the button to create a new remote smb share, it wants me to enter a server ip. What ip?

Sorry, I don't have anymore the unassigned device plugin, but I remember that there is a "share" switch next to your unassigned device (or the automount function that you talked about should enable the share switch on server boot).

First the unassigned device is mounted then share it.

Once it's shared it should be available for your network.

Now from the windows client, or windows vm in your unraid server:

if you have a windows vm in your unraid server, first make sure you have connectivity and that you can ping your unraid server ip.

The share should be visible in the network panel in your windows; if it's not visible open an explore window and type:

\\unraid-server-ip

for example \\192.168.1.2 (where 192.168.1.2 is your unraid server ip).

If you have configured an account to access smb shares a popup should appear in your windows asking for user/password: once logged in you should see all the shares.

Edited by ghost82
12 minutes ago, ghost82 said:

Sorry, I don't have anymore the unassigned device plugin, but I remember that there is a "share" switch next to your unassigned device (or the automount function that you talked about should enable the share switch on server boot).

First the unassigned device is mounted then share it.

Once it's shared it should be available for your network.

Now from the windows client, or windows vm in your unraid server:

if you have a windows vm in your unraid server, first make sure you have connectivity and that you can ping your unraid server ip.

The share should be visible in the network panel in your windows; if it's not visible open an explore window and type:

\\unraid-server-ip

for example \\192.168.1.2 (where 192.168.1.2 is your unraid server ip).

If you have configured an account to access smb shares a popup should appear in your windows asking for user/password: once logged in you should see all the shares.

I am trying to figure it out but I am having issues. 

I have the hdd mounted in the screenshots but I did also try the same steps while it was unmounted.

I turned on the share option:

image.thumb.png.c1bd5c933a6df2fa26e114faec2a0795.png

image.thumb.png.aa24ef3fed91d3cad6207007b92787fa.png

Then I created a smb share:

image.png.576dde709d1457379336876feb4a062a.png

Gave it no username, password or domain. But did also try with username and password. 

Then it asks me for the share:

image.png.ec49936b79b8ae1d7655872d77d10d0a.png

The "Load shares" button does not give me a result. 

I also do not know the name of the created share. I did put in the hdd name but that only gave me an unmountable share that my Windows vm does not see:

image.thumb.png.0daf32869fa97e13ea297347184c2de5.png

• workermaster changed the title to <SOLVED> Download drive not accesible / unassigned