[SOLVED] One Share Disappeared After BTRFS Disk Abnormality

I wanted to restart my server a couple of days ago. After restarting and attempting to start the array, Disk 11 was unmountable. I had trouble with this drive a few weeks ago, but as I was able to see data on the drive when mounted as an unassigned device, I did a parity rebuild and thought everything was fine.

First I tried swapping the drive for a hot spare, but parity was trying to write the unmountable drive onto the new drive. After again checking the unmountable drive for file data, I did a parity rebuild. I noticed during the rebuild that the cache drive had failed to be recognized (separate problem, adding for context).

The rebuild finished today and it was only then that I realized that an entire share was missing. I had intended to replace Disk 11 because of these intermittent failures, but I didn't want to go one step further without seeing if there's anything I can do to fix the share problem.

diagnostics-20210304-0928.zip

Edited by elecgnosis

The share name was "DROP" and it should have been distributed across all disks. 

My memory may be failing me and it could all have been on the Cache drive, but I will need to stop the array and mount that as an unassigned device to be sure.
I was going to do that anyway so that I could replace the drive, but I didn't want to make any further changes before consulting the forum.

Could high data usage lead to share or filesystem problems?

Edit: Would old diagnostics show share distribution? I may be able to look into the upload on my other post to find it in that case.

Edited by elecgnosis

I checked that old diagnostics and the share was included across all drives. It was marked to prefer the cache and that comment at the end of the file tells the story.

As long as the data is still on that cache drive, I should be good, unless you see something else.

# Generated settings:
shareComment="..."
shareInclude="disk1,disk2,disk3,disk4,disk5,disk6,disk7,disk8,disk9,disk10,disk11,disk12,disk13,disk14,disk15,disk16,disk17,disk18,disk19,disk20,disk21,disk22"
shareExclude=""
shareUseCache="prefer"
# Share exists on no drives

• elecgnosis changed the title to [SOLVED] One Share Disappeared After BTRFS Disk Abnormality

I've stopped the array and mounted the cache drive as an unassigned device. The DROP share is there in its entirety.

I still don't know why Disk 11 became unmountable after the restart or why the cache drive wasn't recognized, but as for where the missing share went, that mystery is solved.