Cache disk not emptying when mover runs manually or as scheduled

Hi all,

I assume I'm making a noob mistake with my config somewhere, but I have noticed my Cache drive (120GB, with ~19GB Appdata), is not moving files from folders such as Downloads (from Deluge VPN) or TV Shows (from Sonarr importing the Deluge downloads into my collection I assume).

This seems to be affecting the operation of Deluge as well, so that once the cache drive is full, downloading stops altogether (but seeding continues).

My shares are all set to High Water, use Cache disk = yes, All drives available for all shares. Only exception to any of this is appdata cache = prefer.

Any thoughts from the Pro's?

Edited by nametaken_thisonetoo
Clarity
4 minutes ago, nametaken_thisonetoo said:

not moving files from folders such as Downloads (from Deluge VPN)

Mover only impacts files which were copied to shares that have been configured to use the cache drive for write caching,  For example, you copy photos from your PC to the Photos share on the server and Photos is set to Use cache - Yes.  Those photos will get copied first to the cache drive in a Photos folder.  Mover will then move them to the mechanical array disk(s) when it runs on its schedule.

Files placed on the cache drive by deluge, sonarr, etc.  that simply use the cache drive as download location will have to be manually copied to the appropriate shares on the array. They don't belong to any shares unless they were downloaded to a share path such as /mnt/user/Downloads which is configured to use the cache drive.   If they were just copied to /mnt/cache/Downloads (or whatever path you specified on the cache drive) by the Deluge configuration, the Mover won't touch them.

54 minutes ago, nametaken_thisonetoo said:

Hi all,

I assume I'm making a noob mistake with my config somewhere, but I have noticed my Cache drive (120GB, with ~19GB Appdata), is not moving files from folders such as Downloads (from Deluge VPN) or TV Shows (from Sonarr importing the Deluge downloads into my collection I assume).

This seems to be affecting the operation of Deluge as well, so that once the cache drive is full, downloading stops altogether (but seeding continues).

My shares are all set to High Water, use Cache disk = yes, All drives available for all shares. Only exception to any of this is appdata cache = prefer.

Any thoughts from the Pro's?

you should include a copy of your system’s diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics) attached to your next post to get any sort of informed feedback.    Also turning on mover logging may give a clue.   

3 hours ago, itimpi said:

you should include a copy of your system’s diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics) attached to your next post to get any sort of informed feedback.    Also turning on mover logging may give a clue.   

I have collected the diagnostics as suggested (thanks will remember that for the future), and have done so after running Mover manually one more time. This time it does appear to have moved most of the files off the cache drive and onto the array. I did earlier cut and paste some of the files from Downloads into TV Shows, Film etc, but it wasn't until Mover ran that the cache disk situation improved. I could swear I have done the same or similar before that didn't result in a clear out of the cache drive.

First time ever running a server of any kind for me, so TBH I'm stoked to have gotten the thing up and running at all! But between the Mover/Cache issues, my Plex docker no longer booting, Deluge only downloading intermittently, and Sonarr struggling to connect to Deluge, it has all gone a bit pear shaped in the last 48 hours.

themagiceye-diagnostics-20210305-1604.zip

4 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Mover only impacts files which were copied to shares that have been configured to use the cache drive for write caching,  For example, you copy photos from your PC to the Photos share on the server and Photos is set to Use cache - Yes.  Those photos will get copied first to the cache drive in a Photos folder.  Mover will then move them to the mechanical array disk(s) when it runs on its schedule.

Files placed on the cache drive by deluge, sonarr, etc.  that simply use the cache drive as download location will have to be manually copied to the appropriate shares on the array. They don't belong to any shares unless they were downloaded to a share path such as /mnt/user/Downloads which is configured to use the cache drive.   If they were just copied to /mnt/cache/Downloads (or whatever path you specified on the cache drive) by the Deluge configuration, the Mover won't touch them.

As best as I can tell I have setup Deluge, Sonarr etc to work to and from the Downloads share I have created. The Deluge container path is /mnt/user/Downloads/, with Downloads being the name of a Share, and then within the Deluge preferences I have /data/Incomplete and /data/Complete as download destinations that are both sub-folders created within the same Downloads Share.

TBH I'm not sure I'm completely following what you are saying anyway. I assume by selecting the folder name in the Windows Explorer dialogue boxes that corresponds/matches the name of a Share I have created, then I am directing whatever Docker, plugin etc within Unraid to save files to that actual Share? Apologies if I'm being a bit dense and missing something haha!

2 minutes ago, nametaken_thisonetoo said:

The Deluge container path is /mnt/user/Downloads/, with Downloads being the name of a Share

Then, yes, if that is how you have it setup, Mover should move the files off cache.  Not knowing how you had it setup, I was just commenting on the difference between downloading to an actual share that is setup to use the cache drive and downloading to a path on the cache drive that is not an actual share.

4 minutes ago, nametaken_thisonetoo said:

Apologies if I'm being a bit dense and missing something

You are not missing anything.

I just happen to download via Deluge to the cache drive but not as part of a share as I want to manage downloads manually and decide what I want to actually move to the array.  That is why I was explaining how it works in both scenarios.

• Like 1