moving Plex Database between different repository

I hope this is possible as I have a very large collection and I don't want to loss my history / watched films

I just moved from PlexMediaServer ( Offical Plex ) to Plex  (IinuxServer) and I want to know if it is possible to copy over the data files from one repository to the order and keep all my history and watch films ?

the reason for this is that I would like to start to just GPU for transcoding and I couldn't find a way to do it with the PlexMediaServer

Easiest way would be to just name the new docker the same as the old docker...  so that the appdata folder is named the same.  Nothing else would change in that case.

Or you could use a script such as the one linked in my signature to back up essential plex data which you could then use to restore in the new appdata folder..

updated. following the youtube video I was able to transfer over all my media data with no issues.

but I did run into a little issue.

I had to sign-out of all my plex apps and then sign back in again ( Phone , TV )

and at the moment I have no contents when I check via my TV or Phone but I do have all my media in plex when I check this via the webApp

so I am re-checking to see if I have miss anything

update:  I don't know what it is but there is something within the Plex Media Server media file - that didn't like being moved to a new Plex server.  once I re-created a empty one and got it to re-create my media library then I was then able to see the TV shows on my Phone App, but the TV is still not seeing any library's.

and on my phone App I can see the media and see that is happening " if I am playing a video on me PC" but it i will not run a video on the phone.

Update 2:  ok I now pulling my hair out. I have gone back to my old PlexmediaServer and I am getting the same results.  both my TV and Phone apps are not playing or seeing any media library's.

if there are any know issues with plex and 6.9 Unraid ?

Edited by chris_netsmart

Might be a good idea to post this in the Linuxserver plex forum.  The media mappings on the new docker have to be the same as the old docker.     I beleive you have to remove the separate movie tv and music mappings  and add the /data mapping as it was in the plex inc docker.  Did you do this?  Definitely post in the linuxserver thou.  Might be good to post the setup page of the two dockers.

• 2 years later...