[Support] Jmz Home "Proxy"

This is the support thread for Jmz Home "Proxy"

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/jmzsoftware/jmzhomelabproxy

GitHub: https://github.com/JmzTaylor/homelab_proxy

If you like my work feel free to donate:

btn_donate_SM.gif

or crypto:

XMR donations: 84RhRfh4oDxSJTChJfjt7GXvB2tKYxKWp9rNgJyg3oDo5ZPCiDcPzvued3JRJ9HB11BR4jc5pUkni47MdNYciLAnTnQY4KV

BTC donations: 33ivZruFsm9hNC3T7zB87zsULs9w5cF3UX

ETH donations: 0x415Ab1735B5AF36B90ec052Ed9a4B8035A95b57E

Edited by jmztaylor
  • jmztaylor changed the title to [Support] Jmz Home "Proxy"

Hi, jmztaylor

Based on the screenshot on you GitHub. What I understand about this docker will do is to give some kind of more human readable domain name to other docker container's web GUI. So it can get access to the GUI easier than just the host ip followed by a port number.  Could you please confirm or give a litter more introduction about this docker?  Could you please give a litter bit more instruction on how to use it as well. I was failed to configure it correctly.

Thank you.

• Like 1
Hi, jmztaylor

Based on the screenshot on you GitHub. What I understand about this docker will do is to give some kind of more human readable domain name to other docker container's web GUI. So it can get access to the GUI easier than just the host ip followed by a port number.  Could you please confirm or give a litter more introduction about this docker?  Could you please give a litter bit more instruction on how to use it as well. I was failed to configure it correctly.

Thank you.
Well it's more like a bookmark. For the url you will just put in the host ip and the app port like in screenshots. It's mainly for not having to remember port numbers. Then the app loads that page within an iframe. So if you are familiar with Organizr, it's a stripped down "dumb" version of that.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, iamgadgetman said:

How can I add icons?  Is there a directory?

I am currently working on that.  I haven't tried but for right now possibly mounting /var/www/html/img to a share and upload them there.  They aren't hard coded in there so anything in that directory should be found in there

On 4/7/2021 at 7:58 PM, jmztaylor said:

I am currently working on that.  I haven't tried but for right now possibly mounting /var/www/html/img to a share and upload them there.  They aren't hard coded in there so anything in that directory should be found in there

It seems to break when I specify that path in the Docker settings, so that I can access it on the appdata share.  When I go to the share folder, it's empty, although there's files on the server.  Is that not the right way to gain access to that folder?  Sorry, I just really want to use this because it's so simple, yet awesome!

Edited by iamgadgetman
Adding information
19 hours ago, iamgadgetman said:

It seems to break when I specify that path in the Docker settings, so that I can access it on the appdata share.  When I go to the share folder, it's empty, although there's files on the server.  Is that not the right way to gain access to that folder?  Sorry, I just really want to use this because it's so simple, yet awesome!

I just pushed an update that will allow you to upload files as you want.  It should be available for update now.  The site uses the filename as the dropdown listing.  So for example deluge icon is named Deluge.png.  For best results use a 256x256 png with transparent background

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 1:05 PM, iamgadgetman said:

Dude, that's awesome!  I can't seem to get it to work anymore and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I keep getting this error:

"PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class "SQLite3" not found in /var/www/html/db.php:8 

Yeah.  Didn't realize upstream updated to php8.  Got it fixed and just pushed an update

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Just now, bonox said:

same question over here. I want to open this proxy page encrypted by using https. Is that possible?

Putting it behind a reverse proxy should work.  But I haven't really looked at this since I submitted it and probably should take it down.  I moved to homepage as it works better for what I need.