WOL with Dynamic S3 Sleep Plugin

Hey, I have setup my server to sleep overnight to save power. Currently I have to manually push the power button on the machine to wake it every morning.

I want to find an automatic way to wake the server at 6am every morning. I have tried to use the built in RTC function but no luck. I tested everything and searched through almost every Google and unraid forum link.

Now I am trying to use the WOL function. I have a WOL app on my phone which I can tap the device to send a magic packet to the system.

Currently, when the system is in sleep mode, I can tap the button on the app and the lights and fans turn on in the server. However after a few seconds (5-10) the server switches of and into sleep mode again.

During testing I set Dynamic sleep to exclude every day to make sure that the plugin wasn't making the sever sleep straight after wakeup. I tried using different WOL options in the plugin - no change. I tried forcing gigabit wake up but no change again.

Once I have this WOL function working, I will be creating a program to run on my spare iPad mini 2 to send a packet to the server at 6am every day. But I need to get WOL to work before I can do this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, corfoto4 said:

This plugin is for waking other devices on the network. I'm after waking my server from a device to use during the day.

Maybe it has something do to with my hardware config?

Thanks though

I used it to wake my backup unRAID server; but then I was waking it from another server.  Perhaps it cannot be used to wake the actual machine on which it is installed (which makes some sense).  That I do not know.

Installation of it also allowed me to use etherwake in scripts to wake/sleep my server when backups were finished.

Edited by Hoopster

I was using AquilaWakeOnLAN from my Windows desktop to wake up the server and it worked great.  I had a different utility on my phone.

It does have a scheduler but that may only work on the machine on which it is installed.   May be worth checking out. 

If your server wakes up and then shuts down shortly thereafter you might want to go through your BIOS settings or check the NIC settings, etc.

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately it only works on Windows but it is a great program.

I actually found another thread that helped me figure out how to use the RTC functionality with the Dynamix S3 sleep. The BIOS function wouldn't work but this person's code does.

Link to forum:

• 2 years later...