New to unRAID and let me just say - I'm impressed

Kushan

I'd heard of unRAID from various places, but had been rocking a Synology NAS since about 2016. It suited my needs absolutely fine, but I had been pushing it more and more as of late.

The final straw came when some docker containers stopped working due to the kernel being too old.

I had thought about building a new NAS myself off and on over the years, but this felt like the right time. I looked into several solutions and settled on giving unRAID a go. The trial made it an easy choice. I built my new machine and fired up unRAID last night to play about with it.

This evening I bought a license. I have never been more impressed with how easy and how seamless everything has been so far. I'm actually a little bit in shock at how well everything has worked, from assembling my hardware to getting things like Plex hardware transcoding working. 

I thought DSM was impressive for ease of use, but unRAID is next level. Easiest $129 I've ever spent.

• Like 2