[SOLVED] Upgraded my Plus license to Pro a few years back. Restarting server/array from scratch and Plus key does not work?

I have new drives and I'm starting my server from scratch. I am using the same flash drive, however a few years back I upgraded my Plus license to a Pro license. Of course my license key file URL does not work. I'm guessing my only option is to email support for a replacement key?

Edit: I've emailed support so we'll see what they say. For what it's worth, I did backup my original server flash files and when I unzip the contents, I can see both a Plus.key and Pro.key, although it's encrypted so I don't know how I could use that. Unless copying that Pro.key over into the corresponding location works?

Edited by seventhaxis

I figured I could just request a trial key while I wait but because the flash drive is registered to me already, that's not possible. Instead, I figured it couldn't hurt anything to copy over the Pro.key file and that seemed to work. It immediately recognized the server as a registered, Pro server!

Just wanted to post my experience/solution in case anyone else runs into a similar predicament.

Edit: Thanks @itimpi, yep that worked!

Edited by seventhaxis
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Upgraded my Plus license to Pro a few years back. Restarting server/array from scratch and Plus key does not work?