VFIO-PCI CFG on 6.9

I was using the above mentioned plugin on 6.8+ and had not till today had a chance to update to 6.9

So did the update checks which told me the above plugin isnt supported in 6.9... so no problems... removed the plugin and then did another check which told me im good to go.

Im now in 6.9 but get a warning in "fix common problems".

vfio-pci.ids or xen-pciback.hide found within syslinux.cfg. For best results on Unraid 6.9+, it is recommended to remove those methods of isolating devices for use within a VM and instead utilize the options within Tools - System Devices

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

When i look at the flash drive I can see in /boot/config that there is a vfio-pci.cfg in there. Is it as simple as deleting that cfg? Or is it more involved than that?

Cheers in advance.

4 hours ago, JWMutant said:

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Please check if you have anything appended to your syslinux.cfg ('Main' -> click on the blue text 'Flash'):

grafik.thumb.png.1987c0fdc56bdf61bcbded45b4c2e8c5.png

like in my case like3 'pci=noaer'.

Remove it if you have appended 'xen-pciback.hide=YOURMETHODE' click on 'Apply' and reboot.

5 hours ago, JWMutant said:

When i look at the flash drive I can see in /boot/config that there is a vfio-pci.cfg in there. Is it as simple as deleting that cfg?

What are the contents of this file?

Do a 'cat /boot/config/vfio-pci.cfg' and post the output here.

I would do a screen shot but I havent worked out how to screen shot with a Mac yet lol

Below is what is appended to my syslinux.cfg

kernel /bzimage
append vfio-pci.ids=8086:105e,10de:13c2,10de:0fbb,1022:145f,1b73:1100 pcie_acs_override=downstream,multifunction isolcpus=3-5,15-17 initrd=/bzroot

And cat /boot/config/vfio-pci.cfg

root@Tower:~# cat /boot/config/vfio-pci.cfg
BIND=42:00.0
root@Tower:~#