Replace both Parity and Datadrive at once?

Hi!

I just did a clone using disk-to-disk in Clonezilla of both my parity drive and my datadrive. Now when I connect and start Unraid, it says that it cannot start due to too many drives missing. What to do? 
I've made sure to know which drive that is the parity one, and which one that is the data one.

If there's a way to fix this without reconnecting one of the old drives, rebuilding one of the new ones ( 10+ hours ) and then exchange the old one with the last new one, and rebuild that ( additionally 10+ hours ), I'd be so grateful.

Do you have single or dual parity?  I am guessing single parity?  UnRaid can never recover more drives than you have parity drives and with single parity if both a data drive and the parity drive missing the standard recovery will not work.

Why did you remove these drives in the first place?  If you give more background we are more likely to be able to help.  It the drive are still physically connected to the unRaid server then posting your systems diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics) to your NEXT post will at least allow us to see the SMART information for the drives.

5 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Do you have single or dual parity?  I am guessing single parity?  UnRaid can never recover more drives than you have parity drives and with single parity if both a a data drive ant the parity drive missing the standard recovery will not work.

Single Parity

Why did you remove these drives in the first place?  If you give more background we are more likely to be able to help.  It the drive are still physically connected to the unRaid server then posting your systems diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics) to your NEXT post will at least allow us to see the SMART information for the drives.

Both old drives started to spit out SMART-errors, so I figured that it would be faster do to a disk-to-disk clone to each new drive ( 2,5 hrs per drive ) than a rebuild of each with more risk of dying on me ( 10+ hours per drive ).
And then just tell Unraid that the new disks is the new parity- and datadrive ( both new drives is a 1:1 clone of the old ones, so it should be just to tell unraid to accept the new serial-numbers on the drives (?).

1 hour ago, EpoXXy said:

And then just tell Unraid that the new disks is the new parity- and datadrive ( both new drives is a 1:1 clone of the old ones, so it should be just to tell unraid to accept the new serial-numbers on the drives (?).

The only way to do this will be to use Tools -> New Config.

I would suggest that you start by using the option to retail current configuration and then return to the main tab to make the required changes.  If you think parity is valid then you can tick the "parity is Valid" option to avoid an immediate parity rebuild, but if you do so I would recommend doing a parity check afterwards to make sure.  The existing data drives will be left with their data unchanged, but keep the old drives intact until you are back up and running to keep a recovery option available.

16 minutes ago, itimpi said:

The only way to do this will be to use Tools -> New Config.

I would suggest that you start by using the option to retail current configuration and then return to the main tab to make the required changes.  If you think parity is valid then you can tick the "parity is Valid" option to avoid an immediate parity rebuild, but if you do so I would recommend doing a parity check afterwards to make sure.  The existing data drives will be left with their data unchanged, but keep the old drives intact until you are back up and running to keep a recovery option available.

Ok great, that seemed to have worked just fine! 

I'll do a parity check tonight regardless and check all files.

My guess is that my old drives started to shout out SMART-errors due to spin-up and down all the time or head parking due to the fact that they were drives from USB-harddrives that i salvaged. 2,5 inch, 4tb each. And I think there was some energysaving hardcoded into their pcb. That the bios couldnt override.

But now I've updated to Ironwolf instead. So, do you think there's some setting I should check to make sure to lengthen the life of my new drives?
CPU temp is 29 C, motherboard is 30C and drives is 25C