radicale docker help

Hi all,

I've read through the docker FAQ and forum guides but I'm still a little confused as to how to properly pass information to the docker. I want to install radicale, to self-host WebDAV/CardDAV, and to do so I activated the DockerHub integration into Community Applications.

My docker of choice is tomsquest/docker-radicale. I can bring it to run by passing a port to it. So far so good. However, this is only the very basic installation which does not allow remote access (even from another machine in the same network, it's limited to localhost). This is the minimal instruction (see docker hub). However, I want to pass some of the production-grade instructions on:

docker run -d --name radicale \
    -p 127.0.0.1:5232:5232 \
    --read-only \
    --init \
    --security-opt="no-new-privileges:true" \
    --cap-drop ALL \
    --cap-add CHOWN \
    --cap-add SETUID \
    --cap-add SETGID \
    --cap-add KILL \
    --pids-limit 50 \
    --memory 256M \
    --health-cmd="curl --fail http://localhost:5232 || exit 1" \
    --health-interval=30s \
    --health-retries=3 \
    -v ~/radicale/data:/data \
    -v ~/radicale/config:/config:ro \
    tomsquest/docker-radicale

I'm confused as to how I should decide what I should pass as a variable, what as a key, etc. I also tried to map /mnt/user/appdata/radicale/data/ (host path) to /radicale/data/ (container path) but it did nothing else then create the directories. The docker is running, but not any different than before (when I only passed the port through).

I'm utterly sorry to be yet another person trying to understand this. I watched Spaceinvaders video on it, too, but that didn't help much, it explained the very basics and relied only on CA. Great video nonetheless, but sadly it didn't help me much.

Once I figure this out I'm happy to submit it to CA and also maintain it. It'll be a learning curve, for sure, but a good calendar/contacts sync server is missing from CA (running a nextcloud instance for this alone is too much for me.)

Thanks so much.

All the best,
Benedikt