[SOLVED] GTX 770 shows up in device manager but no signal on monitor (not even on boot)

Hi there,

I am currently trying to get GPU passthrough running. I have successfully installed Win10 on a passed through NVME, so passthrough itself works. Now I've tried to switch from VNC to my single GPU (a GTX 770) but I can't get a picture to show up. When booting up with both VNC and the 770 as graphics adapters I can see that the graphics card is beeing detected in the device manager though.

Here is some additional system info:

image.thumb.png.1f51451ddb6f0d797d03b4fb6e010e32.png

image.thumb.png.95b8885cf7b4c31ef0ef879218106544.png

image.thumb.png.0291548a890d2fa1fc879024370d5a4e.png

Not sure what else you need, just give me a hint and I'll try to deliver :D

What I've tried so far:

- made a vbiod dump and added it to the vm: no change

- booted VM with both VNC and GPU and installed Nvidia drivers: no change, even after removing VNC

- changed unraid server boot mode to UEFI, starting the VM crashed my whole server, VMs were then disabled in VM Manager

I already made a dump of my vbios and added that, nothing changed. I also booted up with VNC and GPU and installed the NVidia drivers, no change - but didn't expect that to change something since I can't even see the bootup screen. Pretty sure it's not related to the Win10 install...

Now I've found a post here on the forums that suggests I need to tell unraid to stop using the GPU itself but that was from the 6.3.9 times and since so much has changed. Is doing that still even necessary?

Any idea how to proceed? Maybe the card is too old?

Edited by epp
  • epp changed the title to GTX 770 shows up in device manager but no signal on monitor (not even on boot)

Managed to solve it myself thanks to the many helpful posts in this forum 😃

For anyone who stubles over the same problem:

• epp changed the title to [SOLVED] GTX 770 shows up in device manager but no signal on monitor (not even on boot)