THANK YOU Limetech & contributors...GPU drivers

unBurstium

Not sure if this is the correct place to add some general thanks but i think it's the most general place to express my gratitude specifically.

The latest builds including the various GPU drivers have me chuffed and appreciative.

I use an old Powercolor HD3540 GPU for local admin of my unraid box that I'm extremely reluctant to get rid of as it's a rare PCIe*1 GPU which leaves all my other PCIe slots open for the usual high-bandwidth stuff.

I've been struggling along with the resolution of the HD3450 for around a couple of years now since a release (can't remember which) removed driver support for older AMD cards. I've seen other threads with users lamenting the same position so i know it wasn't just me.

Now that the 6.9 series has come round the ability to choose a driver sees me with the HD3450 working at a usable resolution after selecting the 'Radeon' driver.

This long-term dull ache of a problem finally going away is great. Messing with network configurations will no longer be a visual chore.

Thanks to all who contributed to this fine piece of work.

• Like 3