Backup USB Flash Drive never ends

FYI If the spinner doesn't disappear within exactly 120 seconds, then it will never disappear.  Under 6.10RC3+ this time limit has been increased to 480 seconds.

But, what @trurl stated is 100% true.  Its so easy to make a copy yourself, and even easier to utilize the MyServers plugin to accomplish this stuff without even thinking about it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 5:40 AM, trurl said:

Put flash in PC and copy. You really only need the config folder to restore your configuration to a new install.

thank you!

On 12/12/2021 at 5:51 AM, Squid said:

FYI If the spinner doesn't disappear within exactly 120 seconds, then it will never disappear.  Under 6.10RC3+ this time limit has been increased to 480 seconds.

But, what @trurl stated is 100% true.  Its so easy to make a copy yourself, and even easier to utilize the MyServers plugin to accomplish this stuff without even thinking about it.

Will try this out.  Thanks as well.

Happy Holidays!

• 2 months later...
On 3/18/2022 at 2:35 PM, blaine07 said:

A google search led me here today. 6.10RC2; doing same exact thing. Spins and loads- nothing ever happens. Flash drive contents is ~290mb. 

If I log out of MyServers to see if it works is it going to cause me giant headache(I mean logging out, then back in)?

FWIW my flash drive was dying; I had to replace it. Now backups will run and complete unlike mentioned above. 

• 1 year later...

Hey, just in case someone else runs into this and it wasn't that their flash drive was dying (mine wasn't), I just happened to click around in the upper right hand corner on the Upgrade License button and saw something about Unraid not officially supporting reverse proxies, so I navigated to my Unraid server GUI via IP address instead, and voila!

Manual Flash Backup now works again normally!  I didn't bother to look further into why exactly this caused my issue (same as above, the Unraid logo keeps gyrating but I never get prompt to save file), since the workaround is simple enough for the occasional times I need to do this.  Now, I can attempt to upgrade to 6.12.4!  I've been putting this off for months due to this little issue.