Windows10 VM Network Connection Setup Problem

Hi All,

I encountered a problem SpaceInvader One does not cover in his Windows 10 VM setup YouTube video.   In short, I have no Network connection capability in my Win10 VM. And when I was setting it up I had no way of adding Network capability to my Win10 installation.  All I saw was the JPG shown below. The only option I had to choose was the "Skip For Now" option.  So I skipped it and finished my Win10 installation.

In short, now that I have my Win10 VM setup how do I go back and install network connectivity?  I cannot do it from within my Win10 OS network settings window so where do I go to to add my Win10 VM network connectivity?  How do I add the special VM drivers to activate Network connectivity?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Windows Install 8.jpg

Hi All,
I encountered a problem SpaceInvader One does not cover in his Windows 10 VM setup YouTube video.   In short, I have no Network connection capability in my Win10 VM. And when I was setting it up I had no way of adding Network capability to my Win10 installation.  All I saw was the JPG shown below. The only option I had to choose was the "Skip For Now" option.  So I skipped it and finished my Win10 installation.

In short, now that I have my Win10 VM setup how do I go back and install network connectivity?  I cannot do it from within my Win10 OS network settings window so where do I go to to add my Win10 VM network connectivity?  How do I add the special VM drivers to activate Network connectivity?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
1746669869_WindowsInstall8.thumb.jpg.d4bed152f1315243c9f3223204b68ae4.jpg

Right. As I said in a prior post, you need to install network and other missing drivers from the virtual dvd drive.

Go into Device Manager, right click on network adapter, update driver and tell it to look for a driver on the pc by specifying the virtual dvd drive.

Repeat with other missing drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoopster,

Thank you for your post. It helped me a lot.  After taking a close look at the Device Manager tree I noticed it was showing some missing drivers in the "OTHER DEVICES" node on the tree as shown in the JPG below.  As you advised I just did an "Update Driver" selection and then I pointed to the "virtio-win-0.1.1" CD Drive and it automatically installed the missing drivers.  I have to say that setting up a VM for the first time is a great learning experience.  Again thanks for your help.

Windows Install 10.jpg

Edited by slipstream
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...