Unraid OS version 6.9.1 available

This release contains bug fixes and minor improvements.

Refer to Summary of New Features for an overview of changes since version 6.8.

To upgrade:

• First create a backup of your USB flash boot device: Main/Flash/Flash Backup
  • If you are running any 6.4 or later release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Tools/Update OS page.
  • If you are running a pre-6.4 release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page.
  • If the above doesn't work, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin, select/copy/paste this plugin URL and click Install:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

Bugs: If you discover a bug or other issue in this release, please open a Stable Releases Bug Report.

Thank you to all Moderators, Community Developers and Community Members for reporting bugs, providing information and posting workarounds.

Please remember to make a flash backup.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 12
19 minutes ago, The_Mountain said:

Clicked on update OS as well as Update Assistant and there is no update showing.

16 minutes ago, limetech said:

Yeah just a min, actually about 15.  I put it on the wrong branch 😆

Ok good to go now, sheesh

Good to know it wasn't just me :)

56 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Can this change also be applied to the VNC password field in VMs as per this existing feature request?

Let's see if this change solves the problem for people on the user pages, if so we can apply to VMs too. 

• Like 1

If you have an LSI and 8TB Ironwolf drive(s) (only model ST8000VN004) probably best to stick with v6.8 for now, there have been multiple users with issues that can result in disable disks after upgrading to v6.9, on the other hand if anyone using them upgraded without issues please post back. 

25 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

If you have an LSI and 8TB Ironwolf drive(s) model ST8000VN004 probably best to stick with v6.8 for now, there have been multiple users with issues that can result in disable disks after upgrading to v6.9, on the other hand if anyone using them upgraded without issues please post back. 

I've got a ST8000VN0022 on an LSI (LSI 9223-8i/IBM M1115), and I haven't had any issues whatsoever. Updated to 6.9 when it came out 6 days ago.

Edited by Tagini
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

If you have an LSI and 8TB Ironwolf drive(s) (only model ST8000VN004) probably best to stick with v6.8 for now, there have been multiple users with issues that can result in disable disks after upgrading to v6.9, on the other hand if anyone using them upgraded without issues please post back. 

As per my support thread I've got 4 of the ST8000VN004 drives and three random drop-outs.  I'm going to roll back to 6.8.3 for now though as I could do with a few days without unprotected array anxiety!

Im really hoping someone can help, i updated to 6.9.0 yesterday and stupidly didnt back up and unraid kept becoming unresposnive via the web gui about 15 mins after the nas was tunred off and back on. Ive tried to find an error in the syslog but dont really know what im looking for. I updated to 6.9.1 today hoping this would fix the problem, but no change to the freezing up. should i be looking at any other logs?

Please let me know if i should post this elswhere. thanks

syslog

13 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Try uninstalling the Dynamix sleep plugin, it has known issues with v6.9.

That's the solution? Uninstalling a "needed" Plugin?

In my Case, its working, BUT... look at this... this is new since v6.9...

By the way: Whats up with  bonienl? He was not seen anymore since 11. Nov 2020...

He is responsible for this plugin...

Outside the array.jpg

Edited by Zonediver