Unraid OS version 6.9.1 available

Came from 6.9-beta-35

I had some issues where my drives wouldn't spin down using 6.9.0 with Auto Fan. Updated to 6.9.1 and I haven't had any issues that I can notice. 

I made sure all my dockers and plugins are up to date along with the Nvidia plugin and shut everything down, rebooted and so far everything is green or spun down just like I like it. ;)

• Like 4
10 hours ago, FreeMan said:

2) In an attempt to double check the preclear results, I tried to open a PuTTY terminal and was presented with this error message: image.png.442c6670ae097706a5686587a8016d5a.png

I don't know if my version of PuTTY is seriously out of date (I haven't a clue when I last updated it) or if there's something that I need to add back in to UNRAID to get it to accept a PuTTY connection, but this is mildly frustrating.

I Would update Putty to 0.74. Work with it (putty) every day and had those issues connecting to newer router on pre 0.74 putty.

On 3/11/2021 at 3:22 PM, akawoz said:

I'm seeing almost identical error numbers on two ST4000NM0023 (via onboard LSI SAS2308 on Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F) one day after updating to 6.9.1 and also one day after running a successful parity check (on 6.9.0 just prior to upgrading to 6.9.1)

I've never seen issues with these drives before. Only other change was the installation of the SAS spin down plugin (which I'm now removing to test).

Diags attached.

image.png.63aba99e2ddb4e5d2c699c046b9c7e62.png

image.png.c6c344caa9b07376ec7c25d9c5f84af8.png

preston-diagnostics-20210311-1519.zip 212.9 kB · 0 downloads

Quick update - I uninstalled the SAS spin down plugin (as that was my only change apart from the the 6.9 -> 6.9.1 upgrade. Rebooted and no errors so far. Will leave for another couple of days and if no errors will reinstall the plugin to test

Hi, autofan has stopped working after upgrading to 6.9.1 it was working fine in 6.9.0 and all the betas and RC's. Its annoying as finally my drives spin down and now something else is broken. Not sure what info is needed but I have this in syslinux: acpi_enforce_resources=lax and this in my GO file: modprobe it87 force_id=0x8628 Hopefully someone knows what has changed to stop this working? I have also asked in plugin's page! Cheers, Tim

tower-diagnostics-20210312-1429.zip

On 3/9/2021 at 6:39 AM, YB96 said:

I have one ST8000VN004 on a LSI SAS2008 which dropped out due to read errors, this was about two days after I upgraded to 6.9.0 and right after I changed fans. I assumed a bad connection, reseated the indeed not fully inserted plug and everything runs fine again. Still on 6.9.0, how can I help?

Mine just dropped out today for the first time.  Same drive.  Same HBA.

Just upgraded from 6.8.3 with older nvidia plugin to 6.9.1 without any issues.

Upgrade steps for me were;

• Backup flash + screenshot drive allocations
  • Stop all docker containers & disable autostart
  • Stop all VMs & disable autostart
  • Uninstall old nvidia plugin & ensure all other plugins were updated
  • Upgrade to 6.9.1
  • Reboot
  • Install @ich777's nvidia driver plugin, wait for install. Disable then re-enable docker.
  • Check GPU uuid in settings, confirm it was the same under jellyfin container
  • Reconfigure auto starts on containers and VMs. Start containers
  • Profit

Thanks to all involved for another smooth upgrade.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, are temperature threshold values for drives reset when you do a version update? 

Ever since I installed the new release, my nvme drive is giving temperature alerts - at first I thought it was being pushed harder, but then I realised that I might have increased the temperature alert values in 6.8.3, ages ago. 

3 hours ago, dlandon said:

With 6.9.1 I am struggling with the font size in a terminal window being very small.  How can I adjust the terminal to a larger font size?  I'm using Brave browser and if I zoom in on the terminal, it zooms all my browser pages.

Also affects Chrome.  I'd suggest use Putty where you can set the terminal font.

With 6.9.1 I am struggling with the font size in a terminal window being very small.  How can I adjust the terminal to a larger font size?  I'm using Brave browser and if I zoom in on the terminal, it zooms all my browser pages.

I think you are trapped with this behavior as the 'Zoom' percentage is linked to the website by the browser.  As I recall, the browser will actually remember the 'Zoom' percentage between sessions.  As a result, I think this is a browser feature. 

You can use @Squid's suggestion or Zoom the terminal when using it and then change the Zoom back when done with a <ctrl><-> combination.

EDIT:  the other option would be to request a large font be used through the feature request.  (I actually agree with you that the font could/should be larger!)

Edited by Frank1940
On 3/9/2021 at 2:50 PM, Balboa said:

I've just upgraded and have a btfs cache pool with 2x ssd's.

Now they are reporting as

Unmountable: No file system

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I'm interested in preventing this, as I have a 2x mismatched SSD cache pool w/ btrfs that has my docker volume on it. Any tipper for  success for folks in this position?

Edit: Unregard. Answer was way too close the top of the 6.9.0 release notes.

Josh

Edited by uiuc_josh
poor reading comprehension
2 hours ago, dlandon said:

This is very hard to read on my screen:

That looks horrible. There's something weird going on there with the rendering. I don't think it's a problem with the font size, as such. It looks much better on my standard resolution screen (1280x800 13-inch laptop display) and it's positively glorious on a high resolution Retina display.

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

That's what I thought.  I like Putty, but my password is very complex and makes logging in a bit more difficult, but much more configurable so I can set a larger font.  I'll probably go with that for now.

This is very hard to read on my screen:

1395626830_TerminalFontSize.png.7e0875590fb50b85129343ae56afcaec.png

Brave issue

7 minutes ago, Squid said:

Brave issue

Actually more of a remote desktop issue.  On my laptop it looks better with the default font.

This is on the remote desktop when zoomed:

1878427282_TerminalFontSize.png.5d4a0844169e14d0ba99b925bad9bec5.png

This is more of what I'd like to see.  Irrespective, a larger font would be better on older eyes.  What would be best is a configurable font for the terminal.

Edited by dlandon
3 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Actually more of a remote desktop issue.  On my laptop it looks better with the default font.

This is on the remote desktop when zoomed:

1878427282_TerminalFontSize.png.5d4a0844169e14d0ba99b925bad9bec5.png

This is more of what I'd like to see.  Irrespective, a larger font would be better on older eyes.  What would be best is a configurable font for the terminal.

Still not right though.  Should look like this

image.png.f723aeda43ab71ad2f1821bc43e160ea.png

Unraid uses ttyd ( https://github.com/tsl0922/ttyd ) to provide the terminal window, which in turn uses xterm.js ( https://github.com/xtermjs/xterm.js ) I've poked around a bit but I don't see any configuration options to change the font or font size.

If you can find some configuration options we can figure out whether that should be handled by a plugin or Unraid core.