(Solved) Docker Containers & VMs gone after OS downgrade

Today, I updated my OS from 6.8.3 to 6.9.0. After updating, I had an issue with my Plex media server docker container. Rather than trying to troubleshoot the problem because I didnt have a whole lot of time and needed plex back up ASAP, I decided i'd just downgrade back to 6.8.3 for now. I went into Tools and the Update OS tool under About. Under there, I saw the option to downgrade back to 6.8.3. After I clicked the link to downgrade, my server restarted. After it booted up, I signed in and noticed all of my docker containers and VMs are no longer there. I am trying to remain calm but am definitely starting to panic. There are/were no errors when booting after the downgrade.

Is there any reason they would have been removed and if they were, is there any way to restore them? Please don't tell me I have to reinstall everything and basically start my server from scratch again. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by dgwood12
Added Solved tag

Ok. So, I seemed to have figured this out. Apparently I am an idiot...after downgrading to 6.8.3, my cache drive became unassigned. The cache drive had all my appdata on it which is why it was no longer reading any of the installed dockers/VMs. After reassigning my cache drive, my installed dockers and VMs were restored. Hope this helps someone as unintelligent as I in the future.

5 hours ago, Maticks said:

i noticed this also when i did a rollback, looks like the cache config is bugged or something it throws it out of the cache pool when you rollback to 6.8.3.

scared the crap out of me as well.

this is mentioned in the release notes as something you have to do if you roll back to 6.8.3 from a 6.9.x release.

I wish the unRaid upgrade process would display the release notes (with an option to abort the upgrade) before actually doing it.   At the moment it is too easy to upgrade without even glancing at the release notes to look for potential pitfalls.

• RestNPizza changed the title to (Solved) Docker Containers & VMs gone after OS downgrade
12 hours ago, itimpi said:

this is mentioned in the release notes as something you have to do if you roll back to 6.8.3 from a 6.9.x release.

I wish the unRaid upgrade process would display the release notes (with an option to abort the upgrade) before actually doing it.   At the moment it is too easy to upgrade without even glancing at the release notes to look for potential pitfalls.

I agree. Would have been nice to see those notes prior to doing that.