BTRFS error when running Duplicati backup

I've set up Duplicati to do a backup of my data and container backup shares every night at 03:00.  Before that I create a local backup of all my containers' appdata folders at 02:00, and deposit the bacup in the forementioned backup share.  This has worked fine for a while, but I noticed now that the backup hasn't run successfully for some weeks.  And today I noticed that I get a BTRFS error in my unRAID system log when trying to run a Duplicati backup process.  In Duplicati I just get an IO disk error without any more information.

Any idea what can be the problem here?  As far as I can tell I'm not trying to backup a folder that doesn't exist anymore or anything like that.  Why would unRAID complain about Duplicati reading the data and backup shares?

image.thumb.png.c71a4f2990ee89a883ce1e36b2a32cf4.png

image.thumb.png.7b53eb64c0d6e7094da087d3880cc185.png

What do you mean?  Back up all the data on all the shares in the disk array, and then reformat the array??  That's a huge task.  How did this happen, and is this something I can expect to happen often?  The drives are only two or three months old.

Also, I'd like some more confirmation before doing something like this.  I have 8-10 containers running on my system with their respective appdata folders, and I have a data share used on several computers at home.  I haven't noticed any problems or error messages related to disk IO other than with Duplicati.

Edited by ohj

Ugh, yeah, I should have noticed the 'sdb' reference.  I apologize - I am still a fairly new unRAID user.  'sdb' is as you say the cache drive, which is a 128GB SSD I earlier used as a boot drive in the server.  I have some shares that store to the cache drive, as you can see.

image.thumb.png.6a9d3950522d37f20522c6579fc3ce61.png

I'm also attaching the diagnostics files:  unraid-diagnostics-20210310-1115.zip

How would you go about backing up the SSD before formatting it?

Perfect!  I'll give it a try.

On a sidenote, what could have caused this problem?  And why is only starting the backup process in Duplicati triggering the error message?  I'm just wondering if I ought to not use Duplicati because it's causing problems for unRAID or something.

I've had some unclean shutdowns due to hangs caused by hardware problems (the mainboard USB controller's crapping out on me).  So likely this can be the cause then.

But I read that BTRFS corruption is a well-known problem.  So I've changed the file system on the cache drive to XFS, and am currently rebuilding the Duplicati database.  All is well again, at least so far. 🙂

Thank you for your help!