Parity Errors 500+

I seem to be having issues with errors when i do a Parity check,   I had a couple issues with unraid crashing and had to do a hard shutdown, So i get there could be errors but i have done the party check 3 times with corrections turned on but still high errors.

I only have plex docker running i have switched everything else of so i am running out of ideas.  Any help would be great.

Should i just stop the array and format the parity drives ( if this can be done)

Thanks

Mat

unraid-diagnostics-20210310-0823.zip

Which drive(s) is/are the read errors on? I only see a few that are drive level (on disk 2 and 4), which makes me think you may have a bad cable and/or card if they're occurring continually. Try reseating your card and if you have spare cables for drives 2 and 4, replacing those and running parity again.

Also you may want to run it without corrections first; opinions vary on that, and realistically since you've run it a few time with it checked it makes little sense to bother now, but in future, so if it is just a bad cable or something similar, you aren't altering parity. Personally I run my monthly checks without, that way if there are errors I can determine the cause and run again before writing corrections.

11 minutes ago, greyday said:

Which drive(s) is/are the read errors on? I only see a few that are drive level (on disk 2 and 4), which makes me think you may have a bad cable and/or card if they're occurring continually. Try reseating your card and if you have spare cables for drives 2 and 4, replacing those and running parity again.

Also you may want to run it without corrections first; opinions vary on that, and realistically since you've run it a few time with it checked it makes little sense to bother now, but in future, so if it is just a bad cable or something similar, you aren't altering parity. Personally I run my monthly checks without, that way if there are errors I can determine the cause and run again before writing corrections.

Ok i will take card out and put back in too.

I didn't know any of the drives had issues as the gui is not reporting anything.

I do also run Parity checks on a monthly basis but where i had to button it a couple times

1 minute ago, Mat1987 said:

Ok i will take card out and put back in too.

I didn't know any of the drives had issues as the gui is not reporting anything.

I do also run Parity checks on a monthly basis but where i had to button it a couple times

The SMART reports in your zip file show a small number of read errors. Not enough to worry about IMO unless you keep getting them on those drives.

25 minutes ago, Mat1987 said:

image.thumb.png.9c418f3578c4292d46ff0c7a2f1837fe.png 

This is the GUI annoying it doesn't say any errors lol.

SMART reports cover the history of the drive; the UnRAID gui errors are reset when the array is rebooted.

(also UnRAID read errors aren't often on the drive level, so any read errors on the drive are usually lower)

Edited by greyday
6 minutes ago, greyday said:

SMART reports cover the history of the drive; the UnRAID gui errors are reset when the array is rebooted.

(also UnRAID read errors aren't often on the drive level, so any read errors on the drive are usually lower)

Ok good to know.  I will do a memory test and check all connections.

So i found out that the new memory that was sent was a different speed and because i was using XMP i think that why i was getting memory issues.

After setting voltage to 1.35 and memory speed to the lower 2666 seem to have no issues there.

However when i did a parity check with corrects i still got 400 errors.  When i ran it with no corrections it  reported no errors :/

Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Which is it?

The beginning i ran the corrections about 4 times and still got errors. Now i seem to have fixed memory issue so maybe that will sort it.

If honest lost count the amount of parity checks i did. was loads and lots of time.