Another Issue After Upgrading to 6.9.1

I upgraded to version 6.9.1 today and now I get missing disks before I start the array. I can reboot and there's either 2-6 drives missing each time. I've reseated all the cables and this wasn't an issue before completing the update.

Does anyone have any advice. Nothing physical has been touched for at least the last 4 months or so.

I've attached the diagnostic zip to this post.

homesrv01-diagnostics-20210310-1715.zip

5 minutes ago, kizer said:

What do they have in common? Controller? Drive Cage?

That's the thing. It's random and the disk don't share a controller or backplane. I even moved the disk around and could see that they don't work in other slots either. It's really weird. 

I just downgraded back to 6.8.3 and it's working.

Not sure what's causing the issue.

Edited by TechTitus

This is probably a "duh" question, but I'm noticing that your unassigned drives aren't mounted. Have you tried mounting them and then adding them back into the array?

This may also be why their (and a couple others) SMART reports are blank; I count at least 6 reports that just read 

Short INQUIRY response, skip product id
A mandatory SMART command failed: exiting. To continue, add one or more '-T permissive' options.

If you're back to 6.8.3 check their SMART reports, and maybe do a fresh diagnostics dump for us to check?