btrfs errors on device loop2 Cache drive goes read only

10 minutes ago, DuzAwe said:

Anything wrong with taking two sticks at a time to another machine to test?

That will check that the RAM sticks themselves are not faulty.  However, sometimes ram needs to be tested "in situ" in case there is any sort of bus loading issue affecting RAM.  Also different motherboard/CPU combinations may have different maximum RAM clock rates they successfully support regardless of what the RAM itself has specified as its maximum clock rate.

18 hours ago, DuzAwe said:

Since all this started I haven't been able to get the smart tests to run on the cache drives.

You can't run SMART tests on NVMe devices.

Let it run for 24H but if it didn't find any issues so far it likely won't, also note that memtest sometimes can't find issues even when there are some, but the problem can come from somewhere else.

Its worth noting in that case that this issue started with 6.9-RC2. My set up has not changed since it was built in Jan 2020 (better times) Its run stable up to the xmas period. With a few lock ups I'm starting to believe is related to logs filling the ram up. But Im not sure. 

Anyway I have caught the device loop2 issue and hope to help get to the bottom of it. 

Edited by DuzAwe

Not to jinx it but..........the next set of ram dimms seem to have everything stable...........logs attached just because. I have ordered ECC replacement sticks to hopefully rule this issue out permanently. Hopefully this is the end of this issue. 

Thanks for all the help. Ill report back should anything happen once I start using the system properly again.

thelibrary-diagnostics-20210314-1533.zip