[SUPPORT] Tenasi - PlexAnnouncer

• 2 weeks later...

Got everything working pretty well, thanks for this! Just a quick couple questions:

1. Many notifications are sent before my library has a chance to match the media, so the notifications are only the original folder name with no info. Is there a way to delay the notifications or anything? I've just been adding the media codes to the file manually to expedite the matching process.

2. The links to the media send me to an infinite loading screen in the app.plex url rather than loading the appropriate show

15 hours ago, Garden said:

1. Many notifications are sent before my library has a chance to match the media, so the notifications are only the original folder name with no info. Is there a way to delay the notifications or anything? I've just been adding the media codes to the file manually to expedite the matching process.

Yeah not really, you can't tell Plex to wait for the matching process to complete, sadly. I hope Plex will fix this at some point, but it happens also to movies from time to time.

16 hours ago, Garden said:

2. The links to the media send me to an infinite loading screen in the app.plex url rather than loading the appropriate show

I noticed this as well, not sure what caused this, but I'll have a look into this. Fix should be easy.

Been loving PlexAnnouncer since I added it a few days ago.

Wondering what I should do to notify multiple Discord webhooks/channels, since the only "easy" way I can see to share updates to multiple servers is to have a server large enough to turn it into a Community server and link up the channels between servers.

Could this be a feature added to PlexAnnouncer or should I be doing it another way (perhaps making a duplicate Container with a different port)?

Edited by FablesInYourCup
On 3/25/2022 at 5:42 AM, FablesInYourCup said:

Been loving PlexAnnouncer since I added it a few days ago.

Happy to hear that! :)

On 3/25/2022 at 5:42 AM, FablesInYourCup said:

Could this be a feature added to PlexAnnouncer or should I be doing it another way (perhaps making a duplicate Container with a different port)?

Sure thing! Here we go: tenasi/plexannouncer:0.5.0dev 

It is still WIP, but feel free to test it and let me know if you encounter any issues.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:05 AM, Garden said:

Still not a 100% sure what causes this, but I have also added a workaround to tenasi/plexannouncer:0.5.0dev.

Can you test it and let me know if it works for you as well? If not are you able to share the last part of the URL with me? (Everything after "key=") Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hawkins12 said:

1) What are the changes?

and 2) after installing update, I keep getting "Invalid plex server url" in the logs.

Just updated, and also getting "Invalid plex server url" in the logs, and it stops running. Re-added the Plex Server URL multiple times but it doesn't fix it.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyP said:

But that's odd, are using environment variables to configure plex server url? Or still the config file?

Just using the standard Unraid env. variables.  Changed nothing with the config, just ran the update.  Then noticed it wasn't starting up and wen to the logs. 

8 minutes ago, Hawkins12 said:

Just using the standard Unraid env. variables.  Changed nothing with the config, just ran the update.  Then noticed it wasn't starting up and wen to the logs. 

Same! Running Unraid Version: 6.10.0-rc4 if that matters.

plex.jpg

Edited by Wizaro
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, JohnnyP said:

Try updating again, not sure why you have "media" instead of "server" in your url, but both should work now.

Thanks it works.  It works with "media" but i'll update to server.  I think it was that before and I tried re-doing the link and must have grabbed the wrong one. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi, everything work fine on my behalf but I'm unable to add a second discord. I tried with the comma and the server just don't want to lunch after it. Tried to add another "Variable PATH" and now its just using the last one entered. Any suggestion ?

8 hours ago, Watefu said:

Hi, everything work fine on my behalf but I'm unable to add a second discord. I tried with the comma and the server just don't want to lunch after it. Tried to add another "Variable PATH" and now its just using the last one entered. Any suggestion ?

Yeah, adding an additional variable won't help, since it will overwrite the other.

Are you sure you changed the correct setting? So DISCORD_WEBHOOK_URL should look something like this: "https://discord.com/api/webhooks/XXX/XXX,https://discord.com/api/webhooks/XXX/XXX"

I didn't test this feature extensively, but it still works for me. How many webhooks did you add?

9 hours ago, JohnnyP said:

Yeah, adding an additional variable won't help, since it will overwrite the other.

Are you sure you changed the correct setting? So DISCORD_WEBHOOK_URL should look something like this: "https://discord.com/api/webhooks/XXX/XXX,https://discord.com/api/webhooks/XXX/XXX"

I didn't test this feature extensively, but it still works for me. How many webhooks did you add?

I think i was was adding a space after comma but now its working without it and with 2 discord at a time. however the second discord doesn't get the thumbnail (not very important). Thanks mate.

I guess I have to stop updating my docker when it works fine 😁  I am having issues again after the recent update.  No change in settings, updated docker, and now, no issues are pushing through to discord.

Any thoughts?  I went back and looked at some of my errors in the past and don't see them replicated. 

Thanks

6 hours ago, JohnnyP said:

@Hawkins12 Can you send me your logs and config?

I mainly added documentation and automated the GitHub pipeline, so no idea what caused that :D

I fixed it.  User error on my end.  I had a router setting that was throwing plex off completely.  Had nothing to do Plex Announcer.  Apparently, one of my country restrictions for IDS/IPS wasn't playing nicely with plex.  Once I fixed this, it seemed to fix the PA issue.  Thanks for offering the assistance!

• Like 1