[SUPPORT] Tenasi - PlexAnnouncer

15 hours ago, JohnnyP said:

@Goldoni Can you check, if you have Webhooks enabled?

Plex Server Settings / Network / Webhooks (Advanced View)

If yes and it is still not working, maybe try enabled Push Notifications as well:

Plex Server Settings / General / Push Notifications (Advanced View)

Restart Plex afterwards.

If that also doesn't work, hit me up with a PM and we will figure this one out :)

Enabling the Push Notifications is what got it working for me!

Thanks a lot for this, makes life so much easier when people can just check what's new on Plex

2 hours ago, JohnnyP said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if you add a new movie to any library of the server you specified, it will send updates to the webhook. Currently movie and tv show libraries are supported.

sorry, what I meant was, for example:

3 libraries, Kid Shows, TV Shows and Movies. I only want to send updates for Movies and TV Shows. Can I specify specific libraries rather than all or nothing?

Hi there,

May seem like a dumb question, but is the Config Path meant to populate as a mandatory field when first downloading the app? Or can that be added as an optional path?

I've tried setting this up today and I have four variables, but no Config Path listing:

image.thumb.png.6c9c2f9e9cd050ed8b301d7cb2ceed8d.png

Trying to work out why the announcer doesn't seem to be announcing anything. I've followed the instructions and setup the relevant Webhooks in Plex and Discord, but nothing is announced when a new movie is added. The only thing in log file is that it's running, and I've tried adding ~8 movies since it was set up:

image.png.a6d12005fc84b9c1c54f881395943799.png

Any ideas?

EDIT: For whatever reason, leaving the container going for the last few hours and allowing other movies to populate the library has finally allowed the announcements through into Discord.

Logs now show:

image.png.d8981b8ba319dfa34fa42d1ce63aa66e.png

Edited by evakq8r
Fixed itself

Having issues with the Plex URL. the logs say  "Invalid plex server url" following the advice above, however the plex.tv address doesn't show the server id even when i click on a movie. I tried also using the local IP address, but same error. I did have it started when running the config file and copied and pasted from it. My Plex server is on 192.168.1.10:32400 (unraid ip is the same, minus the port). Container wont start. any thoughts?

8 hours ago, jamerperson said:

Having issues with the Plex URL. the logs say  "Invalid plex server url" following the advice above, however the plex.tv address doesn't show the server id even when i click on a movie. I tried also using the local IP address, but same error. I did have it started when running the config file and copied and pasted from it. My Plex server is on 192.168.1.10:32400 (unraid ip is the same, minus the port). Container wont start. any thoughts?

You have to approach your server through https://app.plex.tv/desktop to get your server ID. I had the same issue (I approach it over LAN) but this fixed it for me :)

Good luck!

• Thanks 1
On 3/20/2021 at 2:15 AM, evakq8r said:

Hi there,

May seem like a dumb question, but is the Config Path meant to populate as a mandatory field when first downloading the app? Or can that be added as an optional path?

Using CONFIG_PATH allows you to specify all settings within a config file, but if you're using Unraid, I would recommend using variables using the GUi instead.

On 3/20/2021 at 1:01 AM, wickedathletes said:

I only want to send updates for Movies and TV Shows. Can I specify specific libraries rather than all or nothing?

Gotya, now you can! Update to the latest version and add a new environment variable called UPDATED_LIBRARIES. Specify the libraries you wish to get updated as a comma separated list within the "Value" section.

Edited by JohnnyP
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, JohnnyP said:

Gotya, now you can! Update to the latest version and add a new environment variable called UPDATED_LIBRARIES. Specify the libraries you wish to get updated as a comma separated list within the "Value" section.

If we leave this field blank. Does it default to all? 

On 3/21/2021 at 7:25 PM, JohnnyP said:

yes

Since the update to choose which library to check, it stopped working for me.

I left the variable empty because I want it to notify me for all libraries, but it says 

Ignoring library.new event from library Engelse Series
Inbound request
Inbound request
Ignoring library.new event from library Engelse Films
Inbound request

"Engelse Series" and "Engelse Films" are the names of my libraries that I have added stuff to. It just ignores all the events now. Am I missing something?

On 3/16/2021 at 6:33 AM, JohnnyP said:

Should be fixed now, update your container to the latest version.

Is there anything displayed in your logs, if you add a new movie? Be aware that it takes a couple of seconds before plex sends a library.new event to the webhook. If plex does so, you should see something like "Inbound requests... Handling new movie announcement..." in your logs.

Thanks for the fix on the URL thing.

Everything "looks" correct in my settings. I get notices saying that a request came in but never one that is when a movie is added. I checked the discord URL also and it is correct. Pause/Play triggers incoming requests which it is ignoring but i do not see anything related to the movie getting added. The movie comes from radarr.

I'm getting the followning errors and no new Episode is announce on Discord

Request rejected. Event type of media.play.
Inbound request
Request rejected. Event type of media.stop.
Inbound request
Request rejected. Event type of media.play.
Inbound request
Request rejected. Event type of library.on.deck.
Inbound request
ERROR: Unknown ptype episode

@brain:proxy Your URL is supposed to look like https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/ser... and not https://app.plex.tv/desktop/#!/ser.... That's why PA is throwing an error.

But could you just confirm to me, if your url you provided (...desktop/#!/server...) is actually working for you? So can you access your Plex server with it? If you are indeed able to, I would implement a fix on the PA side. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Avalarion said:

now its working. I didn't try movies yet.

in Discord it announces "New episodes of Episodetitle" wouldn't it be better to change that to show title?

Totally agree. Sadly Plex Webhooks are poorly documented and the behavior on my end is a little bit different, so I may need a bit of help, debugging this. I will take a look at this in the afternoon.

8 hours ago, JohnnyP said:

@brain:proxy Your URL is supposed to look like https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/ser... and not https://app.plex.tv/desktop/#!/ser.... That's why PA is throwing an error.

But could you just confirm to me, if your url you provided (...desktop/#!/server...) is actually working for you? So can you access your Plex server with it? If you are indeed able to, I would implement a fix on the PA side. Thanks!

It took me a good 30 seconds to find the difference.

But yes, that is, verbatim, the URL I am presented in my browser.  Removing the slash resolved that error.  Thanks!