[SUPPORT] Tenasi - PlexAnnouncer

On 3/27/2021 at 2:51 AM, JohnnyP said:

@Tergi Can you check the Plex Webhooks and Push Notification settings? (Last part of step 3 in my initial post)

Thank you , that might have been the part i missed. I got 1 announcement in my channel last night. I will keep tracking it. thanks.

One small request, can the log file be time stamped per entry? Currently the logs just list out all the events that happen but we dont know when they happened. Might also be nice to have a debug option for the log that dumps all the data that goes to discord in the log also. At least the title. Thanks!

@JohnnyP hey friend, everything has been announcing, but I have 1 issue left.

When multiple episodes of the same show are added, the first is correctly displayed

New Episodes of (Show Title)

However, the following episodes are listed with the episode name

New Episodes of (Episode Title)

In the attached screenshot, Example 1 is incorrect, Example 2 is correct, Example 3 is Incorrect.
image.png.04424a089160e98d94f84147891d62a0.png

7 hours ago, brain:proxy said:

@JohnnyP hey friend, everything has been announcing, but I have 1 issue left.

When multiple episodes of the same show are added, the first is correctly displayed

New Episodes of (Show Title)

However, the following episodes are listed with the episode name

New Episodes of (Episode Title)

Same here. It's been happening for about the last four days.

@brain:proxy @crattray Ok, not sure why this is happening, but update to the latest version (0.4.0) anyway. I've rewritten the part how PA handles episodes and tv show announcements with a little help of @Avalarion. Thanks again!

On 3/31/2021 at 4:38 AM, Tergi said:

One small request, can the log file be time stamped per entry? Currently the logs just list out all the events that happen but we dont know when they happened. Might also be nice to have a debug option for the log that dumps all the data that goes to discord in the log also. At least the title. Thanks!

Working on it, but it may take a while, since I'm currently quite busy.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have problems to announce shows. If I add a movie, everything is fine and the movie appears in Discord. But if I add episodes of shows, nothing happens. My folder tree for shows looks like: name of the show---> number of season ---> name of episode. Could this be the problem?

Edit:

I think PA didn't recognize that an episode of a show in Plex was added. Because there is nothin in the log

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-02 um 12.16.54.png

Edited by Kibi
23 hours ago, JohnnyP said:

@Kibi 

Are you running the latest version of PA?

Where is your Plex instance from? Are you using the official one or the one from binhex?

Yes i think it is the latest version of PA. I've loaded PA - I think - 2-3 weeks ago with the switch "latest".

Plex is the official version from Plex Inc.

Hi,

My problem seems so stupid, but the truth is, I can't figure it out.

I cant get the PlexAnnouncer to see plex server url... I tried "192.168.2.100" with and without port... I triel "localhost" I tried averything.

Can some one help me?

4u_otvGf2gcHO8HPhl15fg6MYm2pxaBpgzeFyyqm

U79EasPD_DHe7LO7XNrHYsEb04PZuofwZEAhZvLI

5 hours ago, Kibi said:

Yes i think it is the latest version of PA. I've loaded PA - I think - 2-3 weeks ago with the switch "latest".

Plex is the official version from Plex Inc.

Hmm... If you are really running latest and no update is available ("Check for updates" in Docker-Tab), I'm absolutly clueless. If PA logs also not showing any activity (not even "Inbound request...") when you add a new episode, then the problem is probably on the plex side, but I'm not aware of any settings that might affect push notifications for individual episodes.

I assume this affects all tv shows you are trying to add?

Can you post a screenshot of your "tv show"-library settings?

E.g.

image.png.d698a150e7b5433e56dbe1604c2e005b.png

image.png.d7eb43c2607979bd6b1841062194071a.png

13 hours ago, Kibi said:

Read the first post. There is the howto. You don't have to fill in the IP of the Plex Server. The Server URL you have to insert is something like https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/server/e46.....

Hi,

I spent a ton of hours, trying to find my plex server "ID".... although I think I found, I cant make it working.
The link I got from my server, isn't exactly as you have... here it is: https://app.plex.tv/desktop/#!/

And when I enter in some of my Libraries I got some kind of ID.. here it is: https://app.plex.tv/desktop/#!/media/24bb62b1cd62b1591a2b.........../com.plexapp.plugins.library?source=2

I tried to use that ID, but cant make it working.

Some help please?

Edited by PauloT
2 hours ago, JohnnyP said:

No thats looks good, try adding something new to your library.

Not working... I added one movie and one tv show... and nothing:

W4pihZQk2N9RBEkL996Ff9xugXznKZylIlxy2RZL

When I open that link... isnt it supposed to get to my library, or something?

I got this:

iJJzh1iVFkEI66CCI66qLrlPk1i96z3fyMfKnuN8

18 hours ago, JohnnyP said:

I assume this affects all tv shows you are trying to add?

Yes, it affects all TV Shows

Can you post a screenshot of your "tv show"-library settings?

plex.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-10 um 17.15.28.png

Edited by Kibi
s.th. forgotten
1 hour ago, PauloT said:

Not working... I added one movie and one tv show... and nothing:

W4pihZQk2N9RBEkL996Ff9xugXznKZylIlxy2RZL

When I open that link... isnt it supposed to get to my library, or something?

I got this:

iJJzh1iVFkEI66CCI66qLrlPk1i96z3fyMfKnuN8

I can't see your images, so I have to guess, but that "https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/server/4bb62b1cd62b1591a2b........." is just used to link to the elements you added to your library, if you open that link directly it won't work.

Can you PM me screenshots of your Plex & PA Config?